- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Full-time, Exempt
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Proyecto Pastoral was founded in 1986 to empower the community through grassroots projects in education, leadership, and service. Our programs include the Guadalupe Homeless Project (GHP), emergency shelter combined with support services that help men and senior women transition into independent living; IMPACTO, an after school academic enrichment program for K-12 youth and the Aliso-Pico Recreation Center; Early Childhood Education Centers, focused on preparing children 18 months to 4 years old for Kindergarten; Comunidad en Movimiento, focused on civic engagement and leadership development; and Promesa Boyle Heights through which a 14-member collaborative of organizations and schools strive to create an educational cradle to college and career pathway for our youth. Proyecto Pastoral serves over 4,000 children, youth, and families.
About this job
To assist Proyecto in its mission, Proyecto seeks an Associate Director with team leadership acumen and nonprofit leadership fortitude. The Associate Director works in close coordination with the Executive Director to support the advancement of Proyecto's vision by building collaborative and positive working relationships and effective communication channels with team members, community members, and partners while effectively managing direct reports and providing mentorship in professional development. She/he will report to the Executive Director. Proyecto Pastoral is beginning a strategic planning process and anticipates up to 30% growth over the next 5 years.
Roles & responsibilities
● Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Associate Director shall be responsible for providing effective leadership by being actively involved in all programs and services, developing a broad and deep knowledge of all programs;
● Lead, coach, develop, and retain Proyecto Pastoral’s high-performance senior management team (i.e., CPO, PDs) with an emphasis on developing capacity in strategic analysis and planning and program budgeting;
● Develop and implement training programs and retreats to expand the capacity of all staff;
● Identify opportunities for Proyecto Pastoral to leverage cross-program strengths to take advantage of new opportunities and/or to address organizational challenges;
● Provide programmatic leadership and input for all strategic plan implementation processes with ED and Staff; Coach programmatic teams as they implement strategic plan and transition program operations;
● In collaboration with the executive and programmatic teams to provide annual operational plans and reports.
● In partnership with the executive and programmatic teams, identify organizational needs and gaps while building off of strengths and assets.
● Act as a key thought partner to the Executive Director, brainstorming and identifying solutions to challenges.
● Support ED in Monitoring the health of the organization and make specific recommendations to nurture a healthy organization culture.
● Implement all activities with a focus on relationship building and strengthening connections among participants, staff, partners, and community members.
● Serve as a liaison with key external stakeholders, developing effective relationships and partnerships.
● Will take the lead on day-to-day operations when the Executive Director is not available.
● Demonstrate enthusiasm for Proyecto Pastoral and a strong commitment to its mission, including its community-building vision and founding Jesuit values.
● Be an active team member supporting other staff members.
● Participate in Proyecto Pastoral events and activities.
● Seven years of progressive leadership experience in nonprofit management; experience working with collective impact models, community building, and social justice organizations.
● Master’s degree preferred in relevant areas such as Public Policy, Social Work, etc.
● Proven ability to research, analyze, and communicate progress on a variety of issues related to education, homelessness, children and youth, and organizing.
● Enthusiastic team builder with strong leadership skills including: relationship building, planning, communication, and coaching diverse staff.
● Experience in monitoring and evaluating program performance in social impact.
● Strong organizational, analytical, and time management skills with high attention to priority and detail.
● Excellent written, oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
● Strong strategic, conceptual, and critical-thinking abilities.
● Ability to develop effective relationships with internal and external colleagues and partners.
● Personal presence to represent Proyecto in diverse forums and organizational relationships.
● Must work well independently and within a team and demonstrate a high degree of initiative, flexibility, collaboration, and cultural sensitivity.
● Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and database experience.
● Ability to speak Spanish preferred
● Licensed driver with reliable transportation and ability to meet organization’s minimum auto insurance requirements
Interested applicants should send cover and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only emailed applications will be accepted, please indicate “Associate Director” in the subject line of the email. Consultants should not apply. We are interested in hiring a full-time staff member to join our team