- 19 days ago
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Pickles Group is a national 501(c)3 nonprofit organization. We provide free peer-to-peer support and resources to kids affected by their parent or caregiver’s cancer. We believe every family navigating a parent or caregiver’s cancer deserves an equitable opportunity to heal and thrive. Read our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access.
About this job
We’re seeking a founding Program Director to deliver high-quality, culturally inclusive virtual and in-person programs to 350 kids nationwide this year and thousands more in years to come. This unique opportunity to lead and grow our program function requires a hands-on approach from day one.
Roles & responsibilities
Lead Program Operations and Execution: Work with our Executive Director and Chief Clinical Program Officer to deliver all aspects of program operations and execution, including but not limited to creating program calendars, securing facilities agreements, tracking program enrollment and attendance, ordering and coordinating materials and supplies, and developing scalable processes that create excellent programs for Pickles kids.
○ Manage our youth and volunteer database in Monday.com
○ Plan and execute youth and family events
○ Recruit and onboard youth and families
○ Oversee volunteer recruitment, onboarding, training, and management
○ Manage program feedback and evaluation
Be an Entrepreneurial Team Player: We are a small, innovative start-up nonprofit. There is strong demand for our services. We are growing and evolving quickly. We have an all-hands-on-deck approach. You, like the rest of our founding team, will contribute to all aspects of our work, big and small, within and outside of our functional area. You will be working in a remote environment (from home and in the field) using Google Workplace and Zoom.
To succeed in this role, you must be responsive to emails, texts, and calls. You will work frequent evenings and weekends, which work best for our donors, families, and board for events and programs, with opportunities to take other weekdays off.
● Center Equity, Inclusion, and Access: Bring an equity-focused lens to our work. Value different perspectives and ways of being through illness, treatment, grief, and healing.
Who You Are
● Effective at communicating verbally and in writing
● Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and effective at managing your time to get work done
● Experienced working with diverse and marginalized communities
● Flexible and entrepreneurial
What Would Be Great to Bring
● 3 or more years of work experience in nonprofit, social justice and racial equity, health care, social services, mental health, youth services, education, community organizing, operations, customer service, or another related field
● Experience working in a remote environment and managing virtual programming
● Experience with database and/or customer relationship management systems
● Experience managing people: staff, interns, or volunteers
● A personal connection to our mission
● Experience with another language is a bonus but not necessary
How to Apply
Please send the following in PDF format to email@example.com, with a subject line that reads (exactly as written): Program Director – Application. We request your resume and a cover letter answering the following questions (in no more than one page, 11 point font):
○ How did you learn about this opportunity?
○ Why are you interested in our work and mission? How do you connect personally?
○ What does our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Access mean to you?