Digital Communications Manager
- 24 days ago
- Employment type
- Full time
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Peace Over Violence is a non-profit, feminist, multicultural, volunteer organization dedicated to building healthy relationships, families, and communities free from sexual, domestic, and interpersonal violence.
About this job
SUMMARY: Looking for a special person to join a dynamic team at a 50+ year old organization working to end interpersonal violence headquartered in Los Angeles. Ideal candidate is motivated by and interested in joining the violence prevention and social justice movement. They have knowledge and experience using digital and social media for good and supporting long term and sustainable digital growth through campaigns and strategies highlighting the organization’s services and mission driven issues. They are creative and have the capacity to think broadly and communicate complex issues simply and effectively; they are organized, energetic and a team player.
The Digital Communications Manager will work closely with and be supervised by the Director of Communications and Strategic Partnerships. act as a key member of the development team. This individual will manage the agency's social media accounts: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok, support other digital communications efforts, assist with special projects, and provide team support. They will have writing skills and will help create newsletters, annual reports, and other valuable written communication. They will interact in a fast-paced environment, and must be flexible, proactive, and resourceful, using good judgment, strong decision making and attention to detail.
Roles & responsibilities
● Manage agency social media accounts, including content creation, posting, interacting, and engaging on all platforms; create social media plan and systems
● Grow agency digital presence, strategize, and conceptualize development of online campaigns
● Track analytics and engagement on all platforms; provide regular reporting
● Utilize email marketing system to increase communications and community engagement
● Assist in writing agency communications including emails, annual reports, newsletters, other etc.
● Help develop agency communication strategies and planning
● Assist in agency PR, including press conferences, media relations, etc.
● Work with Director of Design and team to learn and follow specific brand guidelines
● Support special projects and fundraising events and other agency events and activities
● Assist in research for development team projects
● Perform other administrative duties as needed to support the development team
● Preferred BA or BS degree or equivalent work experience
● Social media proficient; demonstrated experience
● Possess a strong interpersonal skill including ability to interact effectively and build successful collaborative relationships with diverse range of individuals from variety or backgrounds at all organization levels.
● Demonstrate strong skills in time management, organization, and attention to detail.
● Knowledge and/or interest in gender-based violence issues and social justice advocacy
● Must be highly organized and have the ability to multitask
● Must be proficient and comfortable around technology: computer, technology, and social media literacy
● Strong community organizing and mobilizing skills with a commitment to social justice
● Exercise mature judgement and are highly motivated self-starting and proactive to work independently.
● Have a strong sense of prioritization and can coordinate multiple demands in a high-pressure environment.
● Ability to work and thrive in a diverse group of people as a team member and agency representative
● Ability to integrate into a team at and support the efforts and successes of the team
● Strong and effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to confidently speak publicly
● Must be willing to work in office (downtown Los Angeles; COVID precautions in place)
● Have capacity to work some evenings
● Have reliable means of transportation and valid California driver's license/ID
● Strong ability to represent the interest of the agency.
● Bilingual skills, written and spoken, (English/Spanish) preferred
Applicants may submit a resume and cover letter to:
Darcy Pollan – Director of Communications & Strategic Partnership