- 13 days ago
- Employment type
- Pasadena, CA
- Closing date
About this organization
About the Company: Pasadena Playhouse is one of the top regional theaters in the country and the State Theater of California. Under the leadership of Producing Artistic Director Danny Feldman, it presents a full season of artistically innovative productions and engaging educational outreach activities to nearly 150,000 Southern California residents annually in two spaces: the 643-seat mainstage theater and the 99-seat flexible Carrie Hamilton Theater. By focusing on the creation of great productions, the expansion of educational and outreach programs, the development of new plays, and the creation of innovative programs to build community, The Playhouse is well positioned to boldly lead for continued growth and leadership.
About this job
About The Position: Pasadena Playhouse, the State Theater of California, is seeking an Education Manager to implement and manage their emerging lifelong learning classes and training programs. Reporting and working closely with the Producing Artistic Director, the Education Manager is responsible for coordinating and planning educational programming.
Education at the Playhouse Overview:
In FY23 the Playhouse will expand education offerings focused on two areas: training programs and classes for all. Training programs are for emerging professionals or those who are pursuing careers in theater and would like to expand or refine their craft. Classes are general interest theater classes with no barrier to entry.
Roles & responsibilities
Areas of Accountability:
• Build schedule, timelines, and work with Producing Artistic Director to shape overall approach of classes and training programs
• Work with the Producing Artistic Director to recruit and hire all creative personnel for the program.
• Create and maintain program budget for each offering and serve as the primary financial oversight role for the education program in conjunction with the Finance Department.
• Plan, administer, oversee, and manage enrollment for all training programs and classes.
• Oversee coordination and running of all curricula, communicating with community members and parents, locating and booking space, and keep accurate data on child/parent satisfaction and participation statistics.
• Work with external partners (ie. Pasadena Unified School district) on behalf of the Playhouse.
• Be the linchpin of communication between dozens of individuals and multiple stakeholders. In other words, hold it all together!
• Work closely with the Marketing Department to promote all educational programming to schools, families, and the general audiences including writing program descriptions, and working in concert with the team on press releases, advertisements, interviews, direct mail, email, website, social media, and brochures.
• Participating at special events and functions related to education internally and in the community.
• Working with the Finance Department to coordinate payroll and fee payment for education department employees and independent contractors.
• Oversee the creation of study guide materials for productions
• Work with the Producing Artistic Director to find additional opportunities for classes and training programs.
• Research other school training programs for a High School Conservatory.
• Complete other duties as assigned as this is a burgeoning program and all duties might not yet be known.
• Outstanding work ethic and a willingness to adapt and change.
• A commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access (IDEA), anti-racism, and ongoing IDEA education.
• Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work collaboratively with a diverse community.
• The ability to develop and articulate program parameters with information from various departments and support the realization of the program within the defined parameters.
• The ability to collaborate with a team to make recommendations to leadership to get ahead of any issues that may arise.
• Direct or transferable experience in youth and professional learning programs.
How To Apply: Please email cover letter and resume in one PDF to email@example.com with the subject line “Education Manager”. No phone calls please.
Working Conditions: There are no major sources of discomfort, and the Playhouse is a standard office environment with regular exposure to video terminal displays. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Perform other duties as assigned. Employees are occasionally required to lift or move up to 15 pounds.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $80,000; Benefits package includes medical, dental, life insurance coverage, PTO and a 403(b) plan. Start date is immediate.
We work to maintain a positive environment for our employees, where people can learn, grow and thrive with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative, transparent workplace where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
The Pasadena Playhouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.