Youth Health Educator
- 27 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Founded in June 2002, Partners In Diversity, Inc. is a 100% women owned and operated enterprise. We are a full service recruiting and staffing firm providing a complete range of front and back office employment solutions.
Our scope includes Administrative/Clerical, Financial, Information Technology and Professional Personnel. Our client base consists of a variety of industries including federal, county, state and local agencies; non-profit and commercial companies. From 2015-2021 the Los Angeles Business Journal named Partners In Diversity, Inc. one of the Top 100 Women-Owned Businesses.
About this job
Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
Substance Abuse Prevention and Control
Youth/Health Educator SUD Level I – Job Description
Monthly Salary: $4,498.56
Fully Paid Medical/Dental Insurance
School Site Areas: South East LA (HP/Bell), Downtown LA and San Fernando Valley. Project will decide what location employee will be working.
Contract position through June 30, 2023
The following provides a general description of duties and a more specific description of requirements for the Youth/Health Educator SUD Level I. Please note that the summary of responsibilities and required abilities identified below are not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
The Youth/Health Educator SUD Level I, will be responsible for services delivered at one of the 50 Student Wellbeing Centers at school district sites throughout LAC.
Roles & responsibilities
The duties of the Youth/Health Educator SUD, Level I include, but are not limited to:
- Implement a comprehensive health-focused curriculum at assigned high school to support the well-being of students and provide education to minimize adverse health outcomes, including SUD;
- Develop and sustain a student-led peer youth/health educator training (e.g., SUD, tobacco, sexual health, emotional health) and wellness activities (e.g., classroom educational seminars, school wide wellness activities, resource distribution, school fairs) program to be conducted on campus by students for students;
- Assist with collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on delivered services; and
- Other duties as assigned; may be temporarily reassigned to COVID-19 assignments as needed.
- Master’s Degree from a program of study accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health with specialization in Public Health Education, Community Health Education, or equivalent;
- Computer literate and skilled in the use of MS Windows-based Programs, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Experience implementing and conducting evidence-based behavioral health programs
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com