Staff Analyst – Workforce Grant Manager, Level I
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Founded in June 2002, Partners In Diversity, Inc. is a 100% women owned and operated enterprise. We are a full service recruiting and staffing firm providing a complete range of front and back office employment solutions. Our scope includes Administrative/Clerical, Financial, Information Technology and Professional Personnel. Our client base consists of a variety of industries including federal, county, state and local agencies; non-profit and commercial companies. From 2015-2021 the Los Angeles Business Journal named Partners In Diversity, Inc. one of the Top 100 Women-Owned Businesses.
About this job
The Staff Analyst, Level I will support capacity building activities for implementing the expanded responsibilities under the Drug Medi-Cal Organized Delivery System (DMC-ODS) Waiver and meet regulatory and contractual requirements.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health Division of Substance Abuse Prevention and Control (SAPC) leads and facilitates the delivery of quality substance use disorder (SUD) prevention, harm reduction, and specialty treatment services.
In collaboration with the Chief of Policy and Strategic Initiatives, the Staff Analyst – Workforce Grant Manager, Level I will manage a new SUD workforce development initiative designed to increase the number of SUD counselors in Los Angeles County.
Roles & responsibilities
The duties of the Staff Analyst – Workforce Grant Manager, Level I, include, but are not limited to:
• Create an outreach plan to target and engage key communities, populations, and organizations.
• Provides leadership in the administration, organization and development of assigned goals and objectives by leading the planning, organizing, scheduling and direction of the development of grants information and oversight;
• Assures compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulation as well as applicable contract provisions and funding requirements.
• Serve as grant, contract, and budget point-of-contact for the projector contractor(s) and provide necessary technical assistance to support program activities.
• Ensure that the project contractor(s) activities meet the scope of work requirements.
• Ensure that the project contractor(s) submit invoices in a timely manner to ensure appropriate reimbursement.
• Develop recommendations on program improvements and new strategic opportunities.
• Develop project recommendations to management.
• Promotes and fosters innovation in the area of grants and workforce development; contributes to development and implementation of coordinated outreach related to workforce development programs and services.
• Work on special projects/other duties as assigned.
• Works collaboratively and develops partnerships with community, health, and other related coalitions to advance SAPC’s mission and promote its services.
• Prepares report, conducts research, and provide consultation, training, and expertise for internal and external leadership and staff to support community outreach and engagement.
• Maintain records and documentation subject to external audit.
• Serve as a technical expert and consultant to management;
• Analyze and make recommendations to manager for the effective use of resources and personnel, the implementation and improvement of programs and operations, funding allocations, spending plans, and the refinement of management practices and policies;
• Perform special assignments and projects;
• Act as a team leader of other analyst; and
• Other duties as assigned; may be temporarily reassigned to COVID-19 assignments as needed.
• A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a discipline related to the core business function of the department as referenced in WOS section 2.2.4 -AND- two (2) years of experience in the analysis of public or non-public programs including those in health (e.g., medicine, physiology), public health, public policy and/or social work/social welfare. A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a discipline related to the core business function of DPH may be substituted for one year of the required experience;
• Experience researching and analyzing protocols, best practices, policy issues, pending legislation, regulations, potential funding sources, fiscal/accounting principles, and reports and makes recommendations to management regarding impact on services;
• Experience collecting, analyzing, and evaluating program data and making recommendations for program modifications, funding allocations, quality improvement or corrective action;
• Computer literate and skilled in the use of MS Windows-based programs, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
• A valid California Class C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
• Strong interest in improving community health and reducing health disparities.
• Understanding of issues related to substance use disorders including prevention, harm reduction, and treatment options.
• Prior experience in approaching work and interactions with colleagues/other partners in an equity minded manner, providing an inclusive and welcoming environment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to identify and respond to sensitive community and organizational issues, concerns and needs.
• Excellent attention to detail and organizational and planning skills to effectively work in a non-structured environment and adapt to changes in priorities.
• Experience leading the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluating of policies, goals and objectives for health-focused programs and/or fiscal systems;
• Experience with preparing reports for management and/or local, State, and/or federal agencies; and
• Experience with developing standards for evaluation for quality assurance
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter and resume to email@example.com