- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Started in 1985, NAMI Glendale’s no-cost support groups, education classes, and community presentations provide welcoming spaces of support for all those affected by mental illness. We connect individuals to an empathetic community based on their shared lived experiences, and offer hope that recovery is possible.
About this job
The Education Coordinator will support the mission of the organization by facilitating the successful delivery of NAMI’s education and Spanish-language programs to meet annual deliverables.
Hours: 44 hours/bi-monthly pay period
Compensation: $20.00/hour, plus benefits: $250/month reimbursement for health insurance; $50/month reimbursement for technology usage; 6 sick days per calendar year (prorated to 4 hours per day); 12 paid holidays per year (prorated to 4 hours per day); and accrual of 44 hours of vacation per year (accrual begins upon hiring).
Roles & responsibilities
Working under the supervision of the Operations Manager and NAMI Glendale Board of Managers, the Education Coordinator will:
• Effectively manage and execute all education and Spanish-language program logistics, both in-person and virtually, by: communicating with instructors/facilitators and participants; scheduling appropriate venue and guest speakers; procuring and delivering required program materials; coordinating and delivering necessary equipment and resources, including providing technical support as needed; and gathering all required reporting, expense, and evaluation documentation.
• Provide overall management of education class participants by: maintaining a database of prospective, current, and past applicants and attendees; conducting outreach to and initial screening of potential participants; and generating and updating participant rosters.
• Provide overall management of program leaders by: maintaining regular communication with current instructors and facilitators; coordinating with instructors and facilitators to create program schedules; training instructors and facilitators in virtual room management; and recruiting, supporting, and onboarding new instructors and facilitators to lead NAMI’s education classes and support groups.
• Create and disseminate marketing materials, both digital and physical, in order to promote and drive attendance to upcoming education classes and support groups.
• Prepare monthly Education report for NAMI Glendale Board of Managers meeting, and attend Glendale board meetings as needed; attend monthly NAMI GLAC Affiliate Staff and GLAC Education Coordinator meetings.
• Bilingual (English and Spanish).
• Demonstrated experience coordinating and executing program delivery, as well as working collaboratively with volunteers, staff, board members, and stakeholders, in a non-profit environment.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate, complete documentation related to program coordination, delivery, evaluations, and billing/expenses.
• Flexible schedule, with the ability to work on nights and weekends and attend virtual and/or in-person programs.
• Ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments to complete projects successfully and to ensure organization deliverables are met.
• Demonstrated experience using technological tools such as MS Office, Google Workspace (Gmail, GoogleDocs, GoogleSheets, GoogleForms, etc.), Zoom, Canva, Constant Contact, and Slack.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please submit a resume, as well as a cover letter introducing yourself, why you're interested in this role, and how you see yourself advancing the mission of our organization to Jobs@NAMIGlendale.org.
When you submit this content, include the following in the Subject line: Ed. Coor. [Your First & Last Name]
Questions? Email Jason at Jobs@NAMIGlendale.org