- 14 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Established in 1979, we are the only artist-founded museum in Los Angeles. We are dedicated to collecting and exhibiting contemporary art. We house one of the most compelling collections of contemporary art in the world, comprising roughly 7,500 objects, and have a diverse history of ground-breaking, historically-significant exhibitions.
We are committed to the collection, presentation, and interpretation of art created after 1940, in all media, and to preserving that work for future generations. We provide leadership in the field by identifying and presenting the most significant and challenging art of our time, actively supporting the creation of new work, and producing original scholarship.
About this job
The MOCA Store Sales Associate provides customer service, completes sales transactions, maintains the physical appearances of stores, and completes opening and closing procedures. The Sales staff follows daily performance guidelines provided by management and are expected to work collegially as part of the Retail Operations Department.
This is a part-time position requiring you to work onsite. Weekend work will be required.
Roles & responsibilities
• Work closely with the Sales Manager, Retail Coordinator, Webstore, Shipping Coordinator, and fellow Sales Associates.
• Use your creative eye to maintain unique shop displays.
• Interact positively with museum staff, donors, and museum visitors.
• Meet and greet customers.
• Guide and assist customers with sales of our unique selection of products and publications.
• Grow knowledge of art books and products.
• Operate Point of Sale cash registers with accuracy and process special orders.
• Complete clear and accurate end of day sales reports.
• Maintain communication with supervisors and colleagues.
• Assist in all aspects of keeping the MOCA Store looking smart, sophisticated, interesting and well organized.
• Promote sales of Museum Memberships through the Store and process appropriate paperwork. Interact with the public and answer or direct questions regarding the Museum.
• Have a neat and professional appearance according to MOCA Store dress code.
• Effective customer service-oriented interpersonal skills.
• Promptness and reliability are essential.
• Accuracy in cash handling.
• Prior retail experience is preferred.
• Availability to work Saturdays or Sundays, plus two additional weekdays with the opportunity to work additional hours.
• Ability to work independently.
• Knowledge of, or interest in contemporary art.
Visit https://www.moca.org/about/jobs-and-internships or use the direct link provided to apply online.