Levitt Foundation Communications Intern
- 28 days ago
- Employment type
- Internship, Part-Time, Temporary
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
The Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation exists to strengthen the social fabric of America. We’re a national social impact funder at the intersection of music, public space, and community building that partners with nonprofits to build a more equitable, healthy, and thriving future for all. We realize our mission of building community through music through two core programs: the Levitt venue program and the Levitt AMP [Your City] Grant Awards. In 2024, more than 700 free outdoor Levitt concerts will take place in over 40 towns and cities across America, bringing joy to over 750,000 people of all ages and backgrounds.
The Levitt Foundation is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion (EDI) throughout our organization and all aspects of our work, recognizing this commitment as essential to realizing the Levitt mission. We value having a team with a wide range of perspectives, backgrounds, experiences, and skills so our approach to grantmaking is well-rounded and the connection with our team members and the communities we support is authentic. We strive to create a positive working culture through professional development opportunities, employee recognition, and team-building events and activities. We focus on creating a working environment that promotes collaboration and fairness. Our commitment to EDI fosters a culture where team members can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in the value of every individual and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity. To learn more about the national Levitt network and the Levitt Foundation, visit levitt.org.
About this job
Do you believe in the power of free, live music to uplift communities and individuals? Do you want to gain valuable experience curating, creating and publishing content on behalf of a national arts foundation? If so, join Levitt’s communications team for a dynamic internship!
The Communications Department shapes the branding, marketing and communications strategy for the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation, a national social impact funder working at the intersection of music, public space and community building. The Communications Department also provides communications support for its grantee partners, a national network of Levitt venues and Levitt AMP concert sites across the country.
The Communications Intern will support internal and external communications for the Levitt Foundation—curating and creating original web and social media content to help tell the Levitt story, as well as playing a role in maintaining internal processes and databases.
The Levitt Foundation Communications Intern is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience in the internal and external communications of a national organization, work alongside a dedicated team of professionals, and develop project management, collaboration, and communications skills.
Roles & responsibilities
• Contribute stories about music, arts access, and/or creative placemaking to the national Levitt blog
• Help create engaging brand-building content to populate the Levitt Foundation’s various social media platforms; creating custom graphics and/or videos, as needed
• Assist in updating the levitt.org website, as needed
• Support the growth and maintenance of internal departmental databases for the Levitt Foundation, including but not limited to:
o artist archive
o photo library
o video library
o public speaking opportunities
• Help promote, monitor and track the national #MusicMoves campaign
• Track partner organization and grantee acknowledgement of the Levitt Foundation
• Support Levitt network media coverage monitoring, as needed
• Assist as needed at the annual Levitt National Convening taking place at the end of January 2024, serving as a Levitt ambassador
• Champion the Levitt Foundation’s commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion by participating and promoting the Foundation’s culture of inclusion and collaboration
• Perform other related duties, as assigned
• Current undergraduate junior/senior, graduate student, recent graduate, or equivalent experience
• Enrolled in a degree program in Communications, Digital Media Studies, Marketing, Nonprofit/Arts Administration, or a related field of study or career path preferred
• Experience in graphic design, video editing, and/or photography is a plus
• Tech-savvy and well-versed in current social media platforms, tools and trends
• Strong attention to detail
• Excellent writing, communication, interpersonal, and listening skills with a friendly, upbeat demeanor and a people-first attitude
• Passion for the Levitt mission of building community through music
To apply, email your cover letter, resume and writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org, and include “Winter/Spring Communications Intern” in the subject line.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: We deeply understand the value of bringing together a team with different perspectives, backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.