LADF Director, Programs
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Los Angeles, CA
- Closing date
About this organization
The Los Angeles Dodgers Foundation (LADF), established in 1995 and significantly reimagined in 2012, is a leading model for philanthropy and community engagement. With the goal of reaching all of Los Angeles and to be a model for sports teams worldwide, LADF is bigger than baseball. Focusing on education, health care, homelessness, and youth development, LADF has ambitions to be the city’s premier charity. LADF has invested more than $40 million in programs and grants to nonprofits, and fundraising has increased by 1,000% since 2012. LADF was awarded ESPN’s Sports Humanitarian Team of the Year (2020), Beyond Sport’s Sport for Reduced Racial Inequalities Collective Impact Award (2020), and the Aspen Institute Project Play Champion (2020), and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Sports Award (2021).
About this job
LADF is in the midst of an exciting period of growth and seeks a Director, Programs to lead the team responsible for Sports Based Youth Development (SBYD) programs under LADF’s Health Care focus area. The Director of Programs will serve as a primary point of connection and integration of SBYD across all LADF’s focus areas, including Education, Homelessness and Social Justice.
Title: Director, Programs
Reports to: Chief Program Officer (CPO)
Pay Rate: $115,000 – $140,000
Roles & responsibilities
- Work in collaboration with the CPO, to ensure Sports Based Youth Development programs under LADF’s Health Care focus area and grantmaking are in alignment with the overall organizational strategy.
- Serve on the Functional Leadership Team, which includes the CEO, COO, CPO, and other Director-level team members across the organization.
- Directly manage three (3) full-time Program Managers.
- Work with the CPO to manage a portion of the Coordinator, Grants, Programs & Initiatives time in support of SBYD programs, plus Associates and Consultants assigned annually.
- Manage the successful implementation of the Dodgers Dreamteam and Dodgers Dreamfields programs. Set expectations and priorities for the programs’ partners and team, with supporting KPI’s and goals tied to the Theory of Action.
- Oversee all aspects of the Dodgers Dreamteam program, including budget management, accountability structures, partnership opportunities, and impact measurement.
- Oversee the effective management of all Dodgers Dreamteam Affiliate Partners and program partner relationships, including setting partner expectations, approving partner applications, and supporting LADF staff members (and Dodgers Dreamteam Coordinators) to guide Affiliate Partners and program partners toward growth.
- Oversee all aspects of the Dodgers Dreamfields program, including overseeing the external Project Managers, accountability structures, budget management, partnership opportunities and impact measurement.
- Collaborate with the CPO and Manager, Grants & Initiatives to set goals and priorities for grantmaking and have full working knowledge and understanding of the entire LADF grantmaking portfolio.
- Oversee the grant portfolio for SBYD, under the Health Care focus area, primarily related to Dodgers Dreamteam and Dreamfields grantees. This includes grant cycle review process, budget management, site visits, activations, ongoing grantee management, and impact measurement.
- Work closely with the CPO to develop new partnerships to strengthen SBYD outcomes, including the growth of the Dodgers Dreamteam program to serve 25,000 youth by 2030.
- Serve as the Programs team point person for integrations, activations, and deliverables for all SBYD sponsorship
- In collaboration with CEO and CPO, serve as a LADF representative with external partners, peers and colleagues in the sports-based youth development sector (e.g. Beyond Sport, ESPN, Center for Healing and Justice through Sport, Robert Wood Johnson Foundation etc.)
- Ensure that accurate and timely data and records are maintained. Develop and maintain effective systems for the organization’s management of SBYD activities.
- Provide regular reporting on SBYD programs, under the Health Care focus area, internally and externally as needed.
- Work in partnership with other LADF leaders to connect and synthesize LADF’s work across all impact areas.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated experience delivering and managing youth development programs (management of grantmaking portfolio a plus)
- Experience navigating the Los Angeles recreational sports community and/or nonprofit community with a focus on health care, education, homelessness and/or social justice
- Ability to manage a significant portfolio of municipal and nonprofit partners
- Ability to work in collaboration with other team members to cultivate and manage programs through partnerships
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience using data to drive programming efforts and using systems to ensure effective communication and accessibility to the cross-functional team.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, including strong presentation skills.
- Strong passion for and commitment to LADF’s mission, programs, and values.
- Occasional evenings and weekends will be necessary to perform the role.
In order to be considered for this role, after clicking the link, select "apply now", you must fully complete the application process on the follow-up screen.