- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Full- Time
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Liberty Hill’s work is focused on Los Angeles County; however, we understand that what happens in L.A. influences the nation. In this historical moment, we believe it is especially important for Los Angeles to be a beacon of social justice nationwide.
OUR APPROACH: Liberty Hill is a public foundation founded in 1976 to power social change from the ground up by fueling grassroots community organizing. Every dollar invested in community organizing yields a $90 return in community benefits through progressive policy change. We support organizers who are tackling injustice with our three-pronged strategy: grantmaking, training, and alliance building.
About this job
Reporting to the Senior Director, Programs the Grants Associate will work collaboratively with the Grant Making Team to administer and coordinate all competitive, partnership and donor-advised grant making at Liberty Hill, which totals upwards of $15 million annually. Liberty Hill has interconnected grant making strategies to build broad social movements and advance economic, racial, LGBTQ and environmental justice.
Roles & responsibilities
· Coordinate among relevant Liberty Hill internal and external stakeholders.
· Prepare and issue grant-related correspondence including grant agreements, award and declination letters and reporting forms.
· Disseminate announcements of the Foundation’s funding opportunities. Maintain outreach database for grant application requests for various funds.
· Build organizational document retention, including digital filing systems and logging incoming proposals or grants into the grant-making database.
· Process grants applications as well as grant request approvals and declinations.
· Ensure ACH information has been received, prepare check requests, and entry of payments and requirements.
· Prepare and maintain grant files, ensuring complete information and pertinent documents.
· Generate reports from grant making database and maintains report requests and receipt.
· Assist with webinars and workshops for funding programs including processing mailings, preparing workshop packets, duplicating materials, and forwarding funding guidelines.
· Support annual grant making meeting logistics with Community Funding Board and assists with meeting preparation in addition to providing support during meetings.
· Help to produce proposal packets including grant making documents, statistical information and grant review team contact information.
· Support implementation of grantmaking for priority program areas, following grant making timelines and processes.
· Perform tasks assisting in the due diligence and vetting process for legal compliance with federal policy and foundation policy.
· Conduct DAF grant recommendations to the disbursement stage and maintains knowledge management, record-keeping, and reporting.
· Research organizations to draft profiles and docket summaries for DAFs and Giving Circles.
· Communicates with prospective grantees for budget information and program details as needed.
· Assist with annual scholarship application/award cycle.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
1+ years’ of experience in a grant making capacity
1+ years’ experience with grant making software such as GrantedGE, Sage, Fluxx, Raiser’s Edge
Professional correspondence creation using proper spelling, grammar and punctuation
Computer proficiency in Windows operating system and MS Office software including Word, Excel, and Access. Blackbaud, Asana, and Slack preferred
Demonstrated commitment to social justice, equity issues, and racial justice
General knowledge of regulations related to nonprofit organizations and charitable giving
Understanding of basic research practices, including internet research, surveys, interviews, etc.
Has personal lived experience that directly relates to the role and responsibility of the position
Committed to customer service and teamwork
Apply via the link provided