Development & Marketing Director
- 7 days ago
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Closing date
About this organization
Las Fotos Project was launched to provide opportunities for those who are both systemically and socially silenced to make themselves heard and, in the process, advocate for social change and create their own pathways to successful, creative futures. Through free photography classes and creative workforce development, Las Fotos Project advances its mission is to elevate the voices of teenage girls and gender-expansive youth through photography and mentoring, empowering them to channel their creativity for the benefit of themselves, their community and future careers.
About this job
Las Fotos Project is seeking a highly-organized, responsible, and dynamic Development and Marketing Director to help cultivate, steward, and expand our relationships with corporate, foundation, and individual
donors. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, this position is an integral part of Las Fotos Project’s Leadership Team and is critical to laying the groundwork for the organization’s continued growth and long-term financial sustainability. As the Development and Marketing Director you will be the front-line fundraiser responsible for developing strategies to secure annual, planned giving, and donor directed gifts;
you will also help to build and manage Las Fotos Project’s brand and all aspects of marketing communications in order to raise the awareness of the organization. In addition to reporting to the Executive Director, the Development and Marketing Director will also work collaboratively with the Events and Exhibitions Manager on special-event fundraisers and organizational marketing and with the Social Enterprise Manager to integrate social enterprise initiatives into the organization-wide development plan and supervise development staff and interns.
Roles & responsibilities
● Develop comprehensive fundraising and marketing plans and objectives in conjunction with the leadership team with targeted goals, quantifiable outcomes, and timelines.
● Cultivate and steward relationships to increase visibility, impact, and financial resources for Las Fotos Project via individual donations, corporate sponsorships, and foundation grants.
● Serve as the organization’s lead grant writer, and develop and implement strategies to engage new and existing foundation and institutional partners. Manage funder and contractor relationships and ensure grant compliance and accurate reporting.
● Supervise Grants Manager to write, submit, and secure general operating and capacity building grants and associated reports.
● Manage the implementation, maintenance, and utilization of the donor & grants database for management, and revenue reporting.
● Oversee strategy and implementation of direct mail and digital campaigns to support annual giving at Las Fotos Project.
● Work with the Board of Directors at Las Fotos Project to host and/or participate in fundraising
events; help coordinate and/or attend events as needed.
● Design and execute cultivation events to increase giving. Act as the key fundraiser for Las Fotos Project’s annual fundraising event, The Foto Awards. This involves recruiting, managing and facilitating the host committee and supporting recruitment and management of event related vendors.
● Directs the creation, production, and distribution of all marketing materials such as press releases, newsletters, and publications (print and digital) and ensures the consistent use of all print and electronic branding assets such as letterhead and logos. Updates style guide as needed.
● Assist with the creation of marketing-communications content including drafting and editing newsletters, marketing copy, creating fundraising event fliers, providing edit notes for videos, and maintaining the marketing assets.
● Supervises the Development and Communications Associate in the creation and calendaring of social media, and website content as well as managing mailing lists and contact lists, including MailChimp audiences.
● Share in the day-to-day operations of the organization as it relates to the duties of the position or as in the normal course of running Las Fotos Project as do the other staff members.
● Represent Las Fotos Project to the public, work effectively with constituents, including Advisory Board members, staff, partner organizations, independent contractors, vendors, and the general public
● Evaluate administrative processes on an as-needed basis, making recommendations for future improvements or enhancements
● Education: Bachelor's degree. Degree in business, public administration or communications-related field a plus.
● Experience: Minimum of two years of successful, proven management of nonprofit fundraising
● Experience working in nonprofit organizations preferred. Experience working in arts administration a plus
● Demonstrate a passion for the mission, goals, and values of Las Fotos Project
● Ability to both effectively work in both a collaborative group process and independently
● Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
● Exceptional organizational, time-management, and critical-thinking skills
The ideal candidate will have:
● Ability to communicate the impact of Las Fotos Project’s mission to funders and to the public
● Understanding of budget concepts and grant financial management and track record of meeting
● Experience with Network for Good or other donor databases preferred
● Demonstrated ability to communicate with multiple target audiences
● Experience using project management platforms such as Asana, Air Table, Google Suite, preferred
● Comfort with public speaking to large and small groups
● Creativity, curiosity, and a good sense of humor
● Friendly, outgoing professional presence in telephone and face-to-face communication
Please review the full descriptions of all open positions before applying. All applicants will be required to submit a current resume and cover letter, unless otherwise stated.
Visit lasfotosproject.org/jobs to submit your application