- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
The Karsh Family Social Service Center (the “Karsh Center”) at Wilshire Boulevard Temple is in the heart of Los Angeles’s Koreatown neighborhood. The Karsh Center, established in 2016, is a social service center offering integrated services focusing on Food and Nutrition Security, Health and Wellness, Legal Services, Parent and Child Well-being for individuals and families living in the vicinity of the Karsh Center. Centralizing these services directly with the assistance of volunteers and through a collaboration of providers at the Karsh Center enables us to offer a variety of vital services to our community. The Karsh Center is a 501 (c)(3) non-religious organization.
About this job
The Karsh Center Administrative Assistant is a full-time position with benefits. This is an opportunity to work directly with clients in need, with a variety of cross-sector community-based organizations that provide services at the Karsh Center and within the community. This role requires to be fluent in Spanish and supports the day to day operations of the front office, welcoming visitors, overseeing the intake process and connecting, and linking clients to services as needed.
Roles & responsibilities
● Manage, communicate and direct phone calls and other inquiries to the Karsh Center staff, WBT security, and on-site collaborators
● Support with client appointments
● Provide a warm welcome to anyone seeking services and provide information about the Karsh Center to the clients, collaborators, and the general community
● Maintains a safe, clean, and fully stocked reception, and lobby area
● Data entry as needed
● Supports programs as needed. This may include sending emails, creating newsletters, designing flyers and purchasing items.
● Translate as needed (Spanish)
● High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
● Fluent in English and Spanish
● Proficient on a MAC computer and have excellent computer skills including Microsoft office, Google suite, and able to navigate the internet for research and data
● Proficient in systems like Canva and MailChimp
● Excellent organizational and time management skills
● Proficient in communicating, both orally and in writing
● Able to learn database systems such as Apricot (training will be provided)
● Self-starter and takes initiative
● Excellent work ethic: Maintain a professional attitude, demeanor, and confidentiality in matters of agency operations, personnel, and clients
● Follows and supports agency policies, vision, and mission
● Ability to work in a fast-paced and multicultural setting with a variety of different people, including staff, volunteers, and clients
● Ability to be flexible and manage multiple deadlines and priorities
Submit a resume and optional cover letter.