IT Support Specialist
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Inner City Law Center (ICLC) is a nonprofit law firm on Skid Row. We are looking for extraordinary people to help us end homelessness in Los Angeles. Founded on the fundamental principle that every person should always be treated with dignity and respect, ICLC fights for justice for low-income tenants, working-poor families, people who are living with disabilities or experiencing homelessness, people living with HIV/AIDS, and homeless veterans.
About this job
Position Description: ICLC is seeking a talented Information Technology Support Specialist to support our growing organization.
Hiring Criteria: Commitment to ICLC’s mission and values. Ability to communicate diplomatically, clearly and effectively both orally and in writing. Knowledge of Adobe Suite. Knowledge of Legal Server or similar case management systems. Experience serving as an Information Technology troubleshooter. Experience functioning in a hardware and software Helpdesk resolution environment. Ability to work well with all levels of personnel. Detail-oriented, organized, self- motivated and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
Education: Bachelor’s in Information Technology or Computer Science or four years of relevant work experience.
Physical Requirements: Ability to occasionally work a flexible schedule that will require some evenings and weekends as needed. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl. Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
Compensation: Salary range: $60,000 - $75,000, depending on experience. Excellent benefits.
Additional Information: Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits. This position is funded for three years, with a possibility for extension based on future funding.
ICLC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, age, disability, marital status, or medical condition. All qualified applicants with criminal histories shall be considered in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
To keep our Staff and Clients safe, ICLC requires all Staff to have received the COVID-19 vaccine.
Roles & responsibilities
The Information Technology Support Specialist will report directly to the Director of IT and will be responsible for:
- Manage, route, and resolve submitted tickets using the designated IT Helpdesk ticketing system. Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve reported problems.
- Provide technical support to end-users ranging from normal application issues, hardware failures, network troubleshooting, and peripheral replacement across multiple mediums of communication (e.g., telephone, video conference, email, in-person, etc.), and ensure reported issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Provide IT onboarding and end-user training. Maintain and update training, create knowledge base articles, and technical documentation and ensure adherence to policies and guidelines.
- Assist in provisioning software access for onboarding and decommissioning software access for offboarding employees.
- Assist with maintaining asset inventory tracking and licensing information.
Redirect/escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Manage all hardware setup and its deployment process, ensuring that new computers and other equipment are deployed and in use as quickly as possible.
- Monitor and maintain conference rooms and classrooms, ensuring that computer and telecom equipment is up-to-date and functioning properly.
- Provide support and backup to the other members of the IT Team members during times of vacation, leaves, and peak-workload.
- Provide training to staff, including developing in-house training programs and resources such as knowledge base articles, videos, and other training materials; encourages continuing education and training of staff.
- Performs system integration, hardware and software installation, configuration and disposition of servers and workstations to support the architecture.
- Administers users’ system access and works to protect information to meet security requirements. Monitors system performance to support capacity planning, backup, and disaster recovery planning.
- Responsible for the day-to-day support of server services by performing server administration for physical and virtual server operating systems and configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting of physical and virtual hardware and network related interfaces on servers.
- Maintain the integrity and security of servers and systems.
- Serve as a front-line interface to users with technical issues.
- Make recommendations for hardware and software purchase.
- Interact with third-party technology vendors.
How to Apply: Cover letters and resumes are reviewed upon receipt and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing interest in the position directly at www.innercitylaw.org/join-our-team. Applications will not be considered if both resume and cover letter are not provided.