Director of Human Resources
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Inner City Law Center (ICLC) is a nonprofit law firm on Skid Row. We are looking for extraordinary people to help us end homelessness in Los Angeles. Founded on the fundamental principle that every person should always be treated with dignity and respect, ICLC fights for justice for low-income tenants, working-poor families, people who are disabled or homeless, people living with HIV/AIDS, and homeless veterans.
About this job
The Director of Human Resources will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
Roles & responsibilities
- Managing all human resources programs, including compensation, benefits, employee relations, union relations, and performance management.
- Promoting an organizational culture that embraces diversity, inclusiveness, and the fair and respectful treatment of all persons as a core value.
- Managing all recruitment, hiring and onboarding.
- Directing the performance management process, including employee evaluations, documentation, and coaching.
- Advising supervisors on complex employee situations.
- Managing employee time-keeping system and supervising input of data into payroll system.
- Managing staff separations, including exit interviews and succession planning.
- Maintaining accurate, complete, and confidential employee records.
- Ensuring compliance with all laws related to human resources.
- Interacting professionally with a customer service attitude with all members of the ICLC team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Commitment to ICLC's mission.
- At least eight years or more in a senior-level human resources position and Professional Human Resources certification (or equivalent).
- Experience developing HR operations and procedures.
- Experience administering salary and benefit programs.
- Knowledge of payroll, timekeeping, and other human resources systems.
- Knowledge of human resources laws and regulations.
- Demonstrated skills in planning, management and staff supervision.
Cover letters and resumes are reviewed upon receipt and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing interest in the position directly at www.innercitylaw.org/join-our-team. Applications will not be considered if both resume and cover letter are not provided.