Director of Human Resources
- 18 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Inner City Law Center fights for housing and justice for low-income tenants, working-poor families, immigrants, people who are disabled or living with HIV/AIDS, and homeless veterans. The only legal-services provider located in Skid Row, we advocate for equitable housing policies and provide legal services to prevent and end homelessness.
About this job
The Director of Human Resources will develop, implement and monitor programs that promote DEI within the organization. Responsible for developing training and initiatives to create and foster an open and inclusive environment. Working alongside the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Human Resources will develop and execute diversity, equity and inclusion strategies for the organization.
Roles & responsibilities
The Director of Human Resources will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy. The Director of Human Resources is responsible for:
• Managing all human resources programs, including compensation, benefits, employee relations, union relations, and performance management.
• Managing all recruitment, hiring and onboarding.
• Directing the performance management process, including employee evaluations, documentation, and coaching.
• Advising supervisors on complex employee situations.
• Managing staff separations, including exit interviews and succession planning.
• Maintaining accurate, complete, and confidential employee records.
• Ensuring compliance with all laws related to human resources.
Commitment to ICLC's mission. At least eight years or more in a senior-level human resources position and Professional Human Resources certification (or equivalent). Experience developing HR operations and procedures and administering salary and benefit programs. Knowledge of human resources laws and regulations. Demonstrated skills in planning, management and staff supervision. Must have a reliable form of transportation.
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing interest in the position directly at www.innercitylaw.org/join-our-team. Applications will not be considered if both resume and cover letter are not provided.