- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Inner City Law Center (ICLC) is a nonprofit law firm on Skid Row. We are looking for extraordinary people to help us end homelessness in Los Angeles. Founded on the fundamental principle that every person should always be treated with dignity and respect, ICLC fights for justice for low-income tenants, working-poor families, people who are disabled or homeless, people living with HIV/AIDS, and homeless veterans. Over the next six months, we will add about a dozen talented and diverse lawyers, paralegals, and other staff to our team so that we can serve more clients.
About this job
Position Description: Reporting to the Director of Development, the Communications Manager will create and implement a comprehensive marketing, communications, and public relations program that capitalizes on ICLC’s expertise and enhances ICLC’s image within key constituencies.
Roles & responsibilities
• Developing a communications plan to significantly increase ICLC’s visibility in both traditional and social media.
• Managing ICLC’s website.
• Creating donor newsletters, email blasts and social media posts.
• Promoting and coordinating ICLC’s interaction with media.
• Providing media coaching and helping staff to cultivate relationships with media.
• Raising the profile of staff at ICLC as leaders and experts on housing and homelessness issues.
• Ensuring consistency of message and appearance across various materials.
• Creating all printed and electronic materials for ICLC annual luncheon.
• Creating materials for external distribution.
• Providing communications support to ICLC’s fundraising events.
• Providing communications support to ICLC’s legal representation and public policy advocacy campaigns.
• Leading other projects and coordinating other events as assigned.
Hiring Criteria: Strategic and creative, with excellent communication and organizational skills. Ability to assume responsibility quickly and work independently and as part of a team. Ability to use good judgment, multitask and meet multiple deadlines. Demonstrated ability to navigate both traditional and electronic media. At least five-years experience in marketing, communication, or public relations, preferably in the nonprofit sector. Commitment to ICLC’s mission and values. Must have a reliable form of transportation.
How to apply: Cover letters and resumes are reviewed upon receipt and applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, please upload your resume and a cover letter detailing interest in the position directly at www.innercitylaw.org/join-our-team.