Operations & Compliance Manager
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Closing date
About this organization
Initiating Change in Our Neighborhoods Community Development Corporation (ICON CDC) is a 501(c) (3) community-based, not-for-profit, organization located in Los Angeles’ San Fernando Valley. For more than twenty years, ICON CDC has been creating jobs for low-income individuals through economic revitalization and neighborhood development. ICON CDC operates many programs, one being EWDD’s City of Los Angeles Business Source Centers where we coordinate and deliver business services in various subject matters applicable to small businesses in the City of Los Angeles. ICON CDC operates two City of Los Angeles Business Source Centers in the North and South Valley regions.
About this job
ICON CDC is looking for an energetic individual who is experienced in business finance and is able to provide organized and factual guidance on business management. This Senior Business Counselor will need to provide business counseling and technical assistance to microenterprises and small business owners and/or businesses impacted by COVID-19 in all facets of managing and growing a small business in the North Valley region. This candidate will be based at our office in Pacoima, CA assisting small businesses in stabilizing, recovering, and rebuilding by providing expert advice, analysis, and solutions that will enable businesses to develop and expand. Their duties include developing business plans, advising on financial matters, identifying areas for growth within a company; increasing productivity and profitability, improving marketing strategies, and performing risk analysis.
Roles & responsibilities
- Reports directly to the Program Manager of the City of Los Angeles North Valley BusinessSource Center, at times, to the Program Director of ICON CDC.
- Provide one-on-one business counseling and technical assistance to microenterprise and small business owners.
- Perform outreach to businesses, provide support, refer them to available resources and serve as a business community advocate for recovery help.
- Identify other technical assistance providers that support the growth of small businesses and utilize those services as appropriate for client success.
- Assist with organizing and promoting high-quality collaborative business training programs that are responsive to the needs of the business community.
- Maintain accurate, complete, timely, and confidential client files in the Salesforce database for review and reporting.
- Obtain feedback from clients regarding services provided, including satisfaction, impacts, and success.
- Ensure the center meets/exceeds annual goals and milestones that operate in compliance with the program’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure all clients served have completed the registration process. Track all client sessions with detailed notes of services provided and/or advice given.
- Maintain detailed records of economic impact for businesses served.
- Review basic financial data (tax returns and financial statements) to pre-qualify and analyze loan applications for eligibility and creditworthiness.
- Clients may require some evening or weekend appointments (in person, by phone, e-mail, or travel from the Pacoima office location to a client’s business location in the North Valley region.)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Management or equivalent
- Able to read, write, and speak fluent Spanish
- Financial and loan background
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a relevant field providing consulting to small businesses
- Knowledge of financial aspects of business; such as identifying sources of capital, principles/practices on loan analysis or packaging.
- Excellent verbal, written, and public communication skills.
- Experience managing multiple tasks and working with deadlines.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to advise clients on the business planning process.
- Ability to make public presentations clearly.
- Proficiency in Google Apps; Gmail, Google Voice, GoogleSuite; Drive, Docs, Sheets, Slides, etc.
- Experience working with database and Client Relation Management (CRM) software such as Salesforce.
- Can work independently and with a team.
- Ability to provide quality customer service and demonstrate a commitment to professionalism and client satisfaction.
- Possess strong and broad business knowledge, including areas such as financial management, operations, marketing, and management.
- Valid Driver’s License, proof of personal minimum liability insurance coverage per the requirements of the State of California, and reliable access to the insured vehicle that will be utilized for company purposes. (Business Outreach and Client Meetings)
- Employment references. Reference checks will be conducted.
- When necessary, ability to work non-traditional hours (evenings or weekends) to provide technical assistance to businesses in need of services.
- Able to lift up to 15lbs, physically go from business to business, sit/stand for 30min to 2hrs.
Please contact Program Manager, Maria J. Luviano, by calling our Pacoima office: 818-302-6114 or email her directly at email@example.com with Subject reading: NV SR. BUSINESS COUNSELOR POSITION along with your cover letter and attached resume. Please include names and contact information for 2-3 professional references.