- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Inclusive Action for the City is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to bring people together to build strong, local economies that uplift low-income urban communities through advocacy and transformative economic development initiatives. Founded in 2008, the organization employs a multi-disciplinary approach to its work, creating spaces for new ideas, compiling research, supporting local entrepreneurs and leaders, and helping other organizations implement their innovations.
About this job
Inclusive Action is seeking a self-motivated Underwriting Coordinator to support Inclusive Action’s economic development initiatives with a focus on the underwriting of loans through the Semi’a Fund. The Coordinator will support the Underwriting Associate and Lending Associate Director in the loan underwriting process, as well as other administrative and data functions for the Economic Development team.
The Coordinator will help gather all available and necessary information from clients to develop a comprehensive analysis of the applicant’s ability to take on debt capital to grow their business. The Coordinator will also perform basic reviews of documents submitted, track the loan application, process and maintain organized files of information received from potential borrowers, and prepare credit memoranda and supporting materials for the Loan Committee.
This position requires an exceptionally organized and detail-oriented individual who is persistent in making sure there are no gaps in the information collected. To be successful, the Coordinator must be systems-oriented, have strong customer service skills, and be an effective problem solver. The Coordinator will work closely with other members of the Economic Development team, especially the Underwriting Associate and Technical Assistance staff, who provide ongoing support to each entrepreneur who receives a loan from Inclusive Action.
The Coordinator will report to the Lending Associate Director.
Roles & responsibilities
- Review all available and necessary information on applicant file to develop a comprehensive analysis on the applicant’s ability to take on debt capital to grow their business.
- Monitor the loan application process and ensure review of files in the application pipeline.
- Review applicant credit reports and alternative credit score information.
- Work in partnership with the Technical Assistance team to collect missing information and answer questions that emerge in the underwriting process.
- Prepare business financial statements and cash flow projections.
- Prepare loan memoranda and supporting materials for the Loan Committee.
- Coordinate and schedule internal Loan Committee meetings.
- Prepare loan contracts and agreements.
- Prepare and maintain organized electronic and hard client files.
- Update files and maintain accurate client data in conjunction with other relevant team members in DownHome Solutions.
- Follow protocol to guard clients' personal information.
- Assist in program-related research projects, outreach efforts, and other duties that may be assigned.
- Support the cultivation of a creative, productive environment with Inclusive Action staff and its partners.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Finance or comparable work experience in the field;
- At least one year of experience in administration, finance, program management, or small business assistance;
- Strong organization and file management skills;
- Command of the Spanish language preferred;
- Being comfortable with having difficult conversations with applicants;
- Experience in project management;
- Ability to create and work with systems for effective management of high volume of data;
- Ability to work effectively with diverse audiences;
- A positive, upbeat attitude that supports Inclusive Action staff and its organizational partners;
- A problem-solver attitude and willingness to build processes as needs emerge; and
- Commitment to Inclusive Action’s mission.
A cover letter and resume should be submitted to email@example.com.