Digital Navigation Program Manager
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Human-I-T is a social enterprise that creates equitable access to opportunity by providing devices, internet access, digital skills training, and tech support for communities left on the wrong side of the digital divide, while at the same time, empowering businesses and organizations to do good by diverting technology from landfills to protect our planet.
About this job
The Digital Navigation Program Manager will join Human-I-T's Programs team to lead and expand an innovative new digital navigation program for individuals and communities left on the wrong side of the digital divide. Building on Human-I-T's 10 years as a leading national provider of digital inclusion services, the Digital Navigation Program Manager will finalize a program model with clearly defined program objectives, outputs, and outcomes; execute and continuously improve the digital navigation program methodology; establish protocols for recipient enrollment and onboarding; design periodic recipient communications through a variety of channels to ensure they are supported throughout the duration of their participation in the program; ensure clear documentation of results and impacts; hire, train, and lead a team of at least five (5) digital navigators to implement the program; and collaborate with the Community Partnerships, Development, and Government Relations teams to ensure continued success of the program.
By way of background, "digital navigators" are trusted guides who assist community members in internet adoption and the use of computing devices. Digital navigation services include ongoing assistance with acquiring affordable devices, obtaining high-speed low-cost internet access, receiving digital literacy training, levering on-demand technical support. They will be delivered primarily by phone, text, and email. Occasional in-person service delivery may also be required.
The successful candidate should have at least 5 years of of program management experience, including at least 1 year of leadership experience. Experience providing digital inclusion services, technical support, guidance and mentoring, or equivalent human services is preferred. Direct experience working in service of a minority or underserved community is strongly preferred. Spanish language skills are strongly preferred. The Digital Navigation Program Manager reports to the Senior Vice President within the Programs team.
Roles & responsibilities
- Provide daily support and guidance to programs team members
- Manage, implement, and continuously improve programs with a focus on high-quality customer experience
- Ensure grant requirements are fulfilled accordingly
- Capture and report key metrics and programmatic outcomes/status updates both internally and externally
- Collaborate with other departments on programmatic opportunities
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise Programs team
- Define success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project and program life cycle
- Ensure that projects and programs are proceeding according to scope, schedule, budget and quality standards
- Continue professional development in order to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned to meet business needs
- Bachelors Degree in a relevant field is required
- 6 or more years of program management experience, including at least 1 year of leadership experience
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities
- Can successfully leading projects and programs to on-time, on-schedule and within budget close
- Ability to lead, motivate, and manage various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding team accountable for performance
- Team-building skills with technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Flexible with proven ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Spanish language skills are strongly preferred
To apply for Digital Navigation Program Manager, visit https://bit.ly/3QPZB1t.