Bilingual (English/Spanish) Residential Program Manager
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Canoga Park
- Closing date
About this organization
Since 1977 Haven Hills has lifted up survivors of domestic violence to transform their lives. We offer shelter, crisis intervention, counseling, advocacy, and activities supporting increased economic opportunity for over 2,500 women and men each year. In doing so, we help survivors of domestic violence find the strength within themselves to break the cycle of abuse and build a new, productive, and joyful life for themselves and their children.
About this job
Under the administrative supervision of the Director of Program and Compliance, the Residential Program Manager (RPM) will provide onsite supervision and oversee the day-to-day operations of all Residential Programs and staff. The RPM is responsible for implementing strategic program goals, the ongoing training and coaching of staff to effectively provide services to survivors of domestic violence; and relationship building and networking to build strong community ties. Residential Program Managers candidates should be bilingual (English/ Spanish), have experience leading program staff in a shelter environment and have a passion for developing staff and implementing positive culture.
Roles & responsibilities
• Supervise and oversee the duties and activities of two (2) staff members including the Education Coordinator who manages an onsite Children’s Program and a Staff Supportive Supervisor who directly oversees evening and weekend shelter staff and ensure 24-hour coverage.
• With the Clinical Sr. Manager, facilitate weekly staff and case conference meetings to discuss client cases, program updates and issues, and communicate pertinent information for staff to effectively serve clients and complete their duties.
• Meet with direct staff to coach and discuss any issues pertaining to their roles and projects; address disciplinary issues as they arise; and draft and conduct annual staff evaluations.
• Following established procedures, oversee day-to-day shelter and crisis hotline operations.
• Work closely with Operations and Facilities departments to ensure the effective operation of the facilities including participating in client unit inspections, maintenance, safety issues, and activities during active construction.
• Review, modify, and draft program policies and procedures, forms, and collateral materials; ensure services are delivered and aligned with program procedures and best practices.
• Uphold policies and procedures that contribute to the safety and confidentiality of Haven Hills facilities.
• Oversee the maintenance of client files, and ensure complete and accurate documentation of client information, services, and activities; oversee and ensure that appropriate documentation procedures are followed by staff and interns.
• Participate in client panel interviews/reviews for shelter entry or extension.
• Ensure program and client data is entered into various internal and external databases.
• Participate in On-Call rotation.
• Assist with monthly/quarterly funder reporting, and other reports as necessary.
• Program implementation of new ventures for Haven Hills programs and services.
• Represent Haven Hills at various City, County, and State meetings, workgroups, and taskforces.
• Create and maintain strategic relationships with programs offering services to benefit Haven Hills’ clients, including but not limited Victim Assistance and Housing programs, Legal Aid Services, Restraining Order Clinics, and Department of Mental Health.
• Learn and understand service delivery under LA County DPSS Domestic Violence Supportive Services – CalWorks Programs; and Housing First funding resources and principles.
• Other duties as assigned.
Bilingual English/ Spanish required in verbal and written form.
• At least five (5) years of related work experience.
• Experience implementing and managing programs and staff.
• Excellent organizational and communication skills and be able to multi-task in crisis environment.
• Case management and conflict resolution experience required.
• Experience in the field of domestic violence or an understanding of the dynamics of an abusive relationship and its impact on the individual and society.
• State mandated 40-hour domestic violence advocate training certificate required, or completion within three months of hire.
• Ability to speak and write effectively.
• Ability to be prepared to handle emergency/disaster issues as they occur.
• Ability to work with diverse populations.
• Must be comfortable working in non-traditional or shelter setting; must be flexible, open-minded, adaptable, and able to work independently.
• Must be computer literate, familiar with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Ability to learn and enter information accurately into various databases.
• Must undergo fingerprinting background check, TB testing, and drug testing, as required.
• Haven Hills, Inc. requires its employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to certain exceptions as required by law. All employees are also required to adhere to additional masking and social distancing requirements.
• Must have a valid California driver’s license, insurance, and an automobile that may be used during working hours.
To apply please visit https://apptrkr.com/4469331