- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Full Time
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
ABOUT GRADUATE FELLOWSHIPS FOR STEM DIVERSITY
Graduate Fellowships for STEM Diversity (GFSD) is a national non-profit organization with a mission to increase the number of American citizens with graduate degrees in STEM fields, emphasizing the recruitment of a diverse applicant pool. Founded in 1989 as the National Physical Science Consortium, GFSD maintains a partnership between federal agencies & laboratories, industry, and higher education institutions to generate fellowship funding between government agencies, corporations, and fellows. Nearly 600 GFSD Fellows have earned a MS or PhD in a STEM field. These GFSD alumni pursue successful careers in academia, government labs, industry, and other sectors.
About this job
ABOUT THE POSITION
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED) is an experienced, passionate, empathetic and visionary leader, who will build upon the strong foundation of GFSD and act as an ambassador for GFSD in recruiting new government and corporate sponsors, growing partnerships, and helping to build the Board of Directors. The ED will focus on building collaborations with different government agencies and universities, as well as advocating for nonprofit organizations in STEM fields. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with graduate education in STEM fields, and significant experience creating partnerships and generating diversified funding.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
Salary Range for full-time is $145,000 - $175,000, and the position can either be a full-time position or half-time position (50% FTE). Relocation is not required, and the Executive Director may work remotely from anywhere in the United States. Excellent benefits package through USC. Details can be found: https://employees.usc.edu/benefits-perks/benefits-eligibility.
GFSD is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of gender, race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender orientation, or different ability.
Envision Consulting was retained by Graduate Fellowships for STEM Diversity to conduct the search for their incoming Executive Director.
Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application process may contact Envision Consulting at 626.889.7905 to request and arrange for assistance.
Roles & responsibilities
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Cultivate new partnerships with government agencies, universities, and corporations.
• Explore securing appointments with congressional offices.
• Serve as a spokesperson for GFSD with the media and at public events.
• Develop and implement outreach strategies that expand the GFSD applicant pool, building relationships with key organizations and stakeholders.
Organization Leadership & Board Relations
• Collaborate with the Board, staff, and alumni to create and implement a strategic plan that prioritizes opportunities for growth, while maintaining effective operations and finances and supporting the founding principles of the organization.
• Lead innovative community-building initiatives to increase the visibility of GFSD, its partnerships, and its importance in STEM.
• Develop the alumni and mentorship programs.
• Manage and supervise staff, support opportunities for professional development.
• Assist the Board to identify, recruit, and develop engaged and active board members to promote the organization’s vision and strategy.
Financial Management & Fund Development
• In collaboration with the Board, develop an annual organizational budget, as well as longer-term organizational development goals and costs to be funded and implemented.
• Oversee all financial matters, including maintaining budgets, approving and reviewing expenditures, and developing financial plans and procedures.
• Ensure compliance on contractual obligations and agreements.
• Identify new funding streams and revenue opportunities.
• Manage existing funder and sponsor relationships and pursue new partnerships with foundations and corporate sponsors.
• Cultivate new donor relationships and supporters to grow the organization’s individual giving program.
• Master’s Degree, ideally in a STEM field.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a related field, such as university advancement; government relations; Congressional staffing; Federal STEM-related agencies or laboratories; U.S. government organizations; defense, aerospace, or other technology contractors; or other scientific industries.
• Experience promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Experience in nonprofit management and fundraising, with demonstrated experience growing organization programming.
• A proven track record of partnering with corporations and government agencies.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; significant experience working effectively with individuals from marginalized communities and groups underrepresented in STEM fields.
• Ability to self-direct without the need for day-to-day supervision.
• Experience managing budgets and organizational finances.
• Experience in board governance and alumni engagement.
To Apply: https://apptrkr.com/4695571