Senior Staff Accountant
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Closing date
About this organization
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is the statewide non-profit supporting the California Community College system, the largest system of higher education in the nation. Incorporated in 1998, the Foundation serves as the official auxiliary to the California Community Colleges’ Board of Governors and the systemwide Chancellor’s Office.
The Foundation is the trusted partner of the California Community Colleges— facilitating collaboration, accelerating innovation, and increasing systemwide resources.
About this job
The Payment Programs Team is seeking an Accountant to work directly with CA Department of Social Services and CA Department of Education. We provide financial relief to those providers in the education field to assist in keeping their organization running at full capacity.
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for managing projects including but not limited to provider data management, data analysis, time management, financial reporting and managing tickets in Salesforce. This position manages tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities such as budget and forecast activities.
Roles & responsibilities
• Manage assigned contract/project; being the liaison between FCCC and customer fiscal analysts which includes preparing invoices with supporting documentation, capering expenses to contracted budgeted amounts for accuracy and variances within contract terms and providing metrics of project on a consistent basis.
• Serve as advisor to program Manager and Director on financial matters related to assigned projects and programs.
• Provide financial budget suggestions and/or proposals that maximize cost recovery and effective program delivery.
• Assist in maintaining assigned monthly allocations of various expenses, such as: phones, internet service, postage, etc. and includes periodic review of methodology and monthly journal entries.
• Complete bank account reconciliations as assigned on a daily/monthly basis.
• Complete balance sheet and income statement account reconciliations as assigned monthly.
• Protect the Foundation’s sensitive information by keeping that information confidential.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and training for relevant certifications.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of an integrated accounting system is required.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with Foundation employees at all levels, program and client staff, and consumers encountered in the course of work.
• Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints and respond appropriately.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and to efficiently manage time
• High proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, database-related software applications and other office equipment.
• Ability to work remotely and navigate various technology platforms (Zoom, MS Office Suite-Teams, Outlook, Salesforce Lightning and other database programs, Google Suite, etc.).
• Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
• A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
• A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
• Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
• Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To see the full job description and to apply, please go to our Careers page at https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers