Program Specialist, Strategic Projects and Initiatives
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Closing date
About this organization
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is the statewide non-profit supporting the California Community College system, the largest system of higher education in the nation. Incorporated in 1998, the Foundation serves as the official auxiliary to the California Community Colleges’ Board of Governors and the systemwide Chancellor’s Office.
The Foundation is the trusted partner of the California Community Colleges— facilitating collaboration, accelerating innovation, and increasing systemwide resources.
About this job
The Program Specialist will support the Strategic Projects and Initiatives unit of the Success Center by participating in program and project planning, implementation, and reporting on multiple higher education student success initiatives. To learn more about our unit please visit our website at https://successcenter.cccco.edu/Strategic-Projects/Student-Success-Initiatives.
Roles & responsibilities
• Support the team as they develop and implement student success projects relating to the systemwide Vision for Success. This will include project management in an administrative support role, identification of appropriate tasks and timelines, assisting in the review of grant requirements for deliverables, and building the final plan. This includes helping manage the full cycle of the project and making appropriate recommendations for changes as needed.
• Work with the Director and other team members to implement the plan and complete the grant and program requirements.
• Use excellent written and verbal communication skills to communicate about the project, present proposals, findings, program developments and changes in a clear and direct manner. Outline and complete initial drafts of funder and other program reports related to assigned projects.
• Independently research specific policy and programmatic topics to develop subject matter expertise as needed. Monitor policy and other changes in those topic areas during the duration of the project.
• Engage with high-level stakeholders such as the Chancellor’s Office staff and leadership and representatives from system professional organizations.
• Represent the Foundation’s Success Center, at meetings and events that may require travel both regionally and nationally.
• Coordinate large statewide meetings or convenings, prepares content, and communicates to attendees statewide.
• Exercise good judgment and effectiveness in working with a high-performing and fast-paced team.
• Strong attention to detail, ensuring that communications and deliverables are accurate, professional, and audience appropriate.
• General understanding of the California higher education policy and reform environment and the California Community Colleges system.
• Experience with writing reports in a professional setting and working on multiple projects with competing deadlines.
• Ability to think creatively about policy/program solutions and their implementation.
• Ability to coordinate with many stakeholders and to work in a complex policy and political environment with large teams of professionals.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively through oral presentations and in writing.
• Must be able to build and maintain collaborative working relationships with highly diverse stakeholders.
• Ability to work well, accurately, and with optimism in stressful, high-visibility situations.
• Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
• A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
• A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
• Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
• Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To see the full job description and to apply, please go to our Careers page at https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers