Program Assistant, Success Center
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Closing date
About this organization
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is the statewide non-profit supporting the California Community College system, the largest system of higher education in the nation. Incorporated in 1998, the Foundation serves as the official auxiliary to the California Community Colleges’ Board of Governors and the systemwide Chancellor’s Office.
The Foundation is the trusted partner of the California Community Colleges— facilitating collaboration, accelerating innovation, and increasing systemwide resources.
About this job
Under the direction of the Business Operations Specialist in the Success Center, the Program Assistant is responsible for maintaining performance of operational and administrative duties in support of the Success Center. The Program Assistant is responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the administrative and operational support functions are completed timely and to the highest quality outputs.
Roles & responsibilities
• Under general direction, administer program operations and administrative services including procurement, scheduling, event management, customer relation management, and daily activities.
• Support with the department’s contract processing, document management, and communication with contractors.
• Maintain up-to-date records and tracking expenses for vendors and associated contracts. Route invoices received by the Success Center to Accounts Payable.
• Proofread, format, and create templates.
• Follow up with vendors or partners when necessary.
• Process equipment requests for team members, maintain program equipment inventory, and procure new equipment as necessary.
• Maintain documents related to administrative and operational processes using MS Suites via OneDrive and SharePoint. Assist colleagues and other members of the Foundation in filing, storing, and retrieving documents using Microsoft suite.
• Assist and oversee onboarding processes for new program employees and coordinate internal employee engagement efforts.
• High level attention to detail.
• Exemplary interpersonal skills, with the ability to represent the organization with professionalism and integrity and to develop, maintain, and promote strong internal and external relationships.
• Proficient computer skills with demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office Suite (specifically MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel).
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Superb organizational skills and the ability quickly learn new systems for organization.
• High attention to detail and a curiosity to learn internal processes.
• Exemplary, responsive customer service skills
• Ability to work well, accurately, and with flexibility and optimism in stressful, high visibility situations.
• Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities and switch gears on short notice.
• Willingness to learn and take guidance from colleagues.
• Ability to efficiently manage time and keep appropriate personnel apprised of status.
• Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
• A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
• A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
• Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
• Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To see the full job description and to apply, please go to our Careers page at https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers