Manager, Support Services
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Closing date
About this organization
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is the statewide non-profit supporting the California Community College system, the largest system of higher education in the nation. Incorporated in 1998, the Foundation serves as the official auxiliary to the California Community Colleges’ Board of Governors and the systemwide Chancellor’s Office.
The Foundation is the trusted partner of the California Community Colleges— facilitating collaboration, accelerating innovation, and increasing systemwide resources.
About this job
The Manager, Support Services is responsible for managing the support services for all Technology team product offerings. The Manager, Project Services will lead the development and application of best practices, common resources, and training support for various technology systems and help inform roadmap opportunities. As a working manager, the ideal candidate will drive partner and user success for a wide range of projects in support of Foundation internal programs, Collaborative Impact Partners, and the CCC Chancellor’s Office.
Roles & responsibilities
• Oversee all JIRA Service Desk projects to support multiple mobile, and web applications developed and supported by the Technology team.
• Establish and iterate on the development of multiple Service Desks, based on product need, to centralize support services with a focus on efficiency and sustainability.
• Develop a Support Services team and manage the day-to-day operations of Support Services.
• Formulate and revise SLAs and customer support policies and implement across products.
• Outline and gather Key Performance Indicator data to demonstrate the effectiveness of Support Services, on a monthly and quarterly basis.
• Monitor progress reporting against departmental strategies and tactics and synthesize diverse reporting into comprehensive Technology Team strategic plan reporting tools and resources.
• Design, measure, assess, and report key performance metrics to inform data-driven decisions and continuous improvement, with a focus on achieving Technology department annual strategic plan.
• Implement Support Services processes to continually improve customer satisfaction.
• Ensure adoption and implementation of best practices for customer support and support management methodologies.
• Manage the Support Services team as the first point of contact for JIRA Service Desk inquiries including technical assistance, programmatic support, and issue resolution.
● Exceptional project management capabilities.
● Knowledge of and high level of comfort with agile project management methodologies and techniques (Scrum, Kanban, etc.), as well as other disciplines of product delivery.
● Expert user of JIRA and Confluence.
● Expert administrator of JIRA Service Desk.
● Skilled at prioritizing across competing projects to achieve project goals and maintain customer satisfaction.
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
● Creative problem solver with the ability to recognize and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions while applying principles of logical thinking, develops recommendations and solutions and oversees resolution.
● Ability to respond quickly and effectively to user inquiries or support tickets.
● A self-starter and quick learner with a bias for action who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
● A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
● Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
● A sense of urgency and ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
● Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College and the Foundation’s mission to provide students with stronger pathways to education, and passion for building a more just and equitable California overall.
To learn more about the position and apply please visit our Careers page at: https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/fccc-careers