Contracts Specialist, Workforce Development
- 13 days ago
- Employment type
- California (remote)
- Closing date
About this organization
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is the statewide non-profit supporting the California Community College system, the largest system of higher education in the nation. Incorporated in 1998, the Foundation serves as the official auxiliary to the California Community Colleges’ Board of Governors and the systemwide Chancellor’s Office.
The Foundation is the trusted partner of the California Community Colleges— facilitating collaboration, accelerating innovation, and increasing systemwide resources.
About this job
This position presents an exciting opportunity in support of our Career Catalyst, employer-of-record service. Career Catalyst provides new hire onboarding, payroll, workers’ compensation and liability coverage, and other assistance to organizations seeking to connect learners with paid work experiences. The Contracts Specialist is the formal liaison between clients and our business development, legal, and operations teams ensuring a smooth transition for new projects as they progress from business development to implementation. The Contracts Specialist is an integral member of the Career Catalyst Team tracking existing client contract performance, spend down, and managing the contract renewal process.
Roles & responsibilities
● Lead the contracting process for new Career Catalyst clients:
o Provide guidance and support for new clients to ensure the contract model aligns with program design.
o Facilitate contract negotiations in collaboration with Foundation’s Legal Department.
o Track and support contract development phases through Salesforce.
o Support development of new contract models and updates existing contract templates.
o Schedule, coordinate, and facilitate external and internal partner meetings.
o Function as the primary liaison between business development, legal, and operations teams.
● Lead the contracting renewal process for existing Career Catalyst clients:
o Track contract renewal cycles, performance, and initiate contract renewal process.
o Build and cultivate relationships with clients to foster business development.
o Provide guidance and support to clients looking to improve and scale programs.
● Exceptional customer service and organizational skills, and an ability to prioritize.
● Ability to manage multiple projects and clients with competing deadlines and needs.
● Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, from C-suite professionals to inexperienced youth.
● Demonstrated experience with database-related software applications.
● Ability to adapt to quickly changing circumstances while maintaining goal-orientation.
● Ability to exercise good judgment and escalate critical issues and sensitive matters as necessary.
● Ability to build consensus and relationships among all stakeholders.
● Willingness to assist others with completion of tasks outside their typical responsibilities when work volume exceeds anticipated levels.
● Understanding of policy, planning, and strategy.
● Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
● A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
● A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
● Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
● Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
● Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College system and the Foundation’s mission.
To apply and to see the full Job Description visit: https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers