Business Operations Specialist
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- California (remote)
- Closing date
About this organization
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is the statewide non-profit supporting the California Community College system, the largest system of higher education in the nation. Incorporated in 1998, the Foundation serves as the official auxiliary to the California Community Colleges’ Board of Governors and the systemwide Chancellor’s Office.
The Foundation is the trusted partner of the California Community Colleges— facilitating collaboration, accelerating innovation, and increasing systemwide resources.
About this job
The Foundation is looking for an individual to join our Success Center team who has experience supporting activities that focus on system change, professional development, and sharing best practices. Our Center’s role is to support The California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office and Foundation in implementing the Chancellor’s Vision for Success. This work is engaging, fast-paced, and ever-evolving and requires a flexible personality who enjoys working in a team-based environment. This position will support the operations of all three Success Center units.
The Business Operations Specialist position will support the entire Success Center team by participating in organizational, project management, and other operations support activities.
Roles & responsibilities
• Under general direction, administer program operations and administrative services, including procurement, scheduling, event management, customer relation management, and daily activities.
• Develop a retention schedule from the organization’s Information Governance policies.
• Proofread, format, and create templates.
• Work with the grants department to assist in grant report writing, budget modifications, and updates as needed. Process several multi-faceted grants, subgrants, and subcontracts in a timely manner.
• Communicate adeptly with high-level executives, draft written correspondence with the Chancellor’s Office and other system stakeholders and partners.
• Maintain project documentation, task lists, and departmental dashboards. Stay up to date on current project activities, scope changes, progress, budget development, and contract management as it relates to current projects.
• Act as first-level support for higher-level administrative, operational, or logistical functions within the department. Intake pre-approved projects and build out operational systems with project leadership based on the support level needed.
• Distill data for KPIs in a visually appealing way to present to the CEO, executive team, and other audiences.
• Experience reviewing monthly financial reports, quarterly forecasts, spending matrixes, and measuring key performance indicators.
• Experience coordinating multiple vendors/partners concurrently.
• Experience modifying/reviewing contracts, tracking invoices, and accounts receivable.
• Previous experience supporting, communicating, and working with senior leadership or executive staff.
• Attention to detail.
• Task prioritization and efficient time management.
• Exercises good judgment and effectiveness in working with a high performing and fast-paced team.
• Resourceful style with good instincts and ability to leverage resources.
• Learns quickly and is willing to ask for help.
• Strong written and spoken communication skills; able to produce a variety of communication material.
• Can prepare, read, analyze, and interpret detailed documents.
• Responsive and personable customer service skills.
• Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
• A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
• A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges.
• Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
• Ability to work on a fast-paced team and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
To see the full job description and to apply, please go to our Careers page at https://foundationccc.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/fccc-careers