- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Carson, CA
- Closing date
About this organization
EXP prepares students for a better life. Our programs help young people gain experience, unlock doors and build the confidence they need to succeed in school, career and life. Our programs help schools deliver an innovative, career-based curriculum that makes classroom learning relevant and exciting. During the 2021-2022 school year, EXP programs are made available to more than 6,300 high school students at 11 Southern California high schools across 4 school districts.
Our success is driven by our expertise in bringing industry and schools together to solve problems and overcome obstacles so that students from underserved communities receive access to education, experience, and opportunities. This past year more than 400 industry leaders served as EXP volunteers, mentors, and internship hosts and contributed more than 1,400 volunteer hours.
By helping schools and industry work together, EXP is changing how society prepares students for life and bringing genuine opportunity to every young person we can reach.
About this job
The Development Coordinator is responsible for supporting the overall success of EXP’s fundraising program. An integral member of the Development Team, the Development Coordinator organizes and implements fundraising support activities, including maintenance of the donor database system; processing all gift revenues, logging gifts and coding gift records; queries and progress reports in support of fundraising goals and objectives; and the prompt processing and filing of donor acknowledgements.
The Development Coordinator is also responsible for providing administrative support to the Development team and assisting with planning and execution of development events. The Program Coordinator will have excellent, proven administrative and database abilities as well as strong organizational and communications skills. The position requires a high level of computer competence and ability to work with a donor database (Bloomerang preferred) effectively. The Development Coordinator reports directly to the Director of Development. The job location is hybrid remote, with regular in-person office responsibilities.
Roles & responsibilities
• Enter all gifts, pledges, pledge payments and other contributed revenue financial transactions in the Bloomerang database with timeliness, accuracy, and attention to detail.
• Work closely with Operations Department for reconciliation. Ensure all transactions received are recorded and adjust gift records as needed to balance with Finance at the end of each month.
• Responsible for preparing gift receipts and acknowledgements, donor tax receipts, tributes, invoices and pledge reminders, and other gift related correspondence including acquiring proper signatures, printing letters, preparing envelopes, inserting and mailing.
• Provide exceptional customer service to donors regarding receipt reprints, donations and other gift-related questions.
CRM/Donor Database Coordination
• Create and consistently maintain constituent records including populating appropriate data fields such as contact and employment information, update addresses and emails, constituent codes and other necessary updates as appropriate to maximize efficiencies in data reporting.
• Maintain donor records including consistent gift entry, upload gift documentation, solicitations, acknowledgements, emails, and other correspondence to the donor database and digital files.
Reports and Administrative Support
• Create fundraising and other data-driven reports as needed.
• Coordinate in-house mailing list via list production and segmentation, mail merges, printing, postage, copying, and maintaining hard and digital files for direct mail appeals or special projects as requested such as event invitations or annual report.
• Assist the Director of Development with fundraising and cultivation events, including event logistics, invitations and rsvp list, revenue reports, event materials, attending events, and providing day-of support
• Support development operations as needed with writing, proofreading and distributing routine correspondence and functions such as proposal cover letters, grants research, and funding reports as needed.
• Offer general administrative support and event support to the Development team as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred and will consider relevant work experience as a substitute
• 2-4 years development experience
• Significant donor database experience, Bloomerang is the current EXP donor database
• Strong inter-personal and organizational skills
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work proactively in a team environment, collaborating across all departments
• Able to interact seamlessly with all levels of the organization from volunteers to executives; including the Board of Directors
• Ability to work under pressure, meet competing deadlines and positively adapt to change
• Ability to work flexible hours, including some evening and weekends, both independently as a part of a team
EXP is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. EXP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Ms. Golnaz Fatemi, Business Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org