Coordinator, Client Services
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
As Los Angeles’ premier provider of high-quality capacity building services for nonprofits, each year, Executive Service Corps of Southern California (ESC) helps more than 125 nonprofit clients work towards their missions through coaching and consulting by trained, highly-skilled volunteers. Our vision is to see successful nonprofits making our community an extraordinary place in which all can thrive.
ESC's work environment is supportive, collaborative, and exciting, and dedicated to high standards and professional growth. We are committed to creating a thriving work culture that is reflective of the diverse, equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist world in which we want to live. And because our work and the organizations we serve are deeply rooted in values that advance racial equity and social justice, we also aspire to actively reflect and root ourselves in these values throughout ESC.
About this job
ESC’s clients are non-profit organizations from across Southern California seeking management consulting expertise and leadership development. The Coordinator, Client Services (CCS) position is an unparalleled opportunity for an early career professional seeking to gain a broad understanding of Southern California’s nonprofit sector. Under the supervision of the Director, Nonprofit Consulting, and in collaboration with the Director, Volunteer and Cohort Programs, the CCS carries out day-to-day administration and special projects and helps with events and training sessions. The CCS acts as an important communication bridge between all Client Services team members.
The CCS provides support in areas of business development and strategic growth to ESC’s Client Services team, which is comprised of a total of six staff from both Programs & Training and Organizational Consulting. As an integral member of this team, the CCS assists and monitors the relationships with and between ESC clients and consultants and creates and maintains resources through the strategic use of Salesforce. This position allows for growth and professional development, and the CCS is welcome to attend the many educational activities ESC offers to both its consulting corps and the nonprofit community.
This position will remain open until the staffing need is met.
Roles & responsibilities
Coordination and Administrative Support
- Run Client Services team meetings, draft agendas and track project milestones.
- Manage calendars for Vice President, Client Services and Director, Nonprofit Consulting.
- Work with Operations to execute on all elements of accounts receivable, including invoicing and collections of payments and client engagement letters.
- Streamline client services processes by creating and updating Coordinator’s Manual, email and scope templates, and creating task procedures for Salesforce.
- Track and document sponsorship funds.
- Support Operations on annual audit.
- Help support, update, and maintain data systems used by Client Services (Salesforce, Asana, WordPress).
- Other duties as assigned, including supporting other areas of ESC for special projects.
Programs and Training
- Serve as point of contact for ESC’s two leadership institutes, including answering general questions, processing applications, scheduling interviews, and communicating with candidates as needed.
- Assist with volunteer management, including writing and maintaining consultant bios and supporting consultant feedback and evaluation processes.
- Assist in drafting and sending informational emails to consulting corps regarding continuing education events, training events, and general volunteer-related information.
- Manage Salesforce data for all aspects of consulting engagements and Institutes.
- Update and maintain Consulting team Salesforce dashboards as necessary.
- Suggest updates to Salesforce functionality to streamline project management and ensure data accuracy.
- Liaise with Administrator, Salesforce and IT to customize the Consulting team’s Salesforce functionality, as necessary.
- Format finalized client scopes of work and contracts; prepare related meeting agendas.
- Conduct regular project check-ins with clients and consultants to ensure delivery of high-quality services and satisfaction; record resulting data; report on feedback to Client Services team, consultants and, when appropriate, other areas of ESC.
- Coordinate Client Services team’s project evaluation process.
Internal and External Communication
- Initiate and answer calls and emails from consultants on a variety of issues.
- Support Associate Director, Volunteers and Programs with consultant portal updates and support inquiries.
- Continually seek improvements and strive to ensure clients, consultants and ESC team are always well-informed and up-to date.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience.
- 2+ years of experience working in an office administrative setting.
- Comfort working remotely and learning new tools; experience with Zoom, Salesforce or other CRM, and Microsoft 365, a strong plus.
- Experience volunteering for or working with nonprofit organizations preferred.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
- Highly organized and flexible with exceptional attention to detail.
- Ability to juggle multiple responsibilities while meeting deadlines.
- Able to work effectively both independently and collaboratively with team members and with other constituencies and stakeholders.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and ability to identify opportunities and suggest solutions.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve and is creative and resourceful. You may not know the answers, but you will try your best to find the solution and engage others, as needed.
- Systems thinker. You draw connections between what you are doing and its relationship to the activities of the entire team, and make suggestions, decisions, or inquiries in anticipation of this.
- Passion for ESC’s mission to empower nonprofit leaders and strengthen our region’s philanthropic and nonprofit sectors.
To Apply: Please email your résumé and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject: Coordinator, Client Services. Any application missing requested documents will not be considered. This position will remain open until the staffing need is met.
We understand that a successful candidate may not meet every requirement. If you feel that you have the experience and instincts – and willingness to learn – that would make you a fit for this role, please do not hesitate to apply!