STEM Educator Fellowship
- 25 days ago
- Employment type
- Fellowship, Full-time
- Virtual company, non-profit
- Closing date
About this organization
The EnCorps STEM Teachers Fellowship recruits, selects, develops and supports the best and brightest STEM professionals and military veterans, as an innovative, long-term solution to the shortage of high quality, impactful educators for students in low income schools.
About this job
EnCorps STEM Teachers Program’s vision is to realize a day where all students, regardless of socioeconomic status, are inspired and prepared to pursue their dreams. STEM Teaching Fellows explore the process to become a teacher within 1-3 years with the support of EnCorps training, guest teaching field experience, licensing guidance, EnCorps cohort of peers and the EnCorps network of schools. When you become an EnCorps Fellow, you will provide access to quality education within low income schools, supporting students who need your mentorship the most.
Roles & responsibilities
Teaching Fellowship details:
- EnCorps will place you in a local partner school for 1 semester where you will spend 2-5 hours per week as a volunteer Guest Teacher
- Fellows train online/on-demand and at 3 in-person cohort events each year by participating in enhanced skills preparation workshops
- Fellows receive extensive support and mentoring from the EnCorps staff, their cohort, and EnCorps’ network of schools
- With the help of EnCorps, you will explore a transition to teaching and if desired, your unique timeline to become a paid teacher, in as little as 9 months, or 3 years depending on your personal goals
- Fellows can earn their teaching credential from a university partner over the course of 4-14 months
- *Find out more about the timeline and teaching credential options at https://encorps.org/teaching-fellowship/
- Have a bachelor's degree
- Have at least 1 year of hands-on STEM industry work experience or have an advanced degree in a STEM field*
- Financial plan to participate in unpaid Guest Teaching for one semester
- For more specific eligibility and FAQ’s, please see https://www.encorps.org/teaching-fellowship/eligibility
- *Looking for backgrounds in: Accounting, finance, banking, mathematics, statistics, data analyst, computer programmer, IT, coding, product manager, engineering (civil, mechanical, ALL), healthcare, scientific research, biotech, lab work, etc.
Apply at www.encorps.com/apply