- 7 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Our Mission & Vision
The mission of EmpowHer Institute is to empower girls and young women in marginalized communities by giving them the skills necessary through education, training, and mentorship to enable them to become confident, college and career ready.
We envision a world where every girl is provided the opportunities and resources to: embrace the power of her voice; make informed decisions about her body and future; break generational cycles of poverty; contribute to the creation of an equitable society.
EmpowHer Institute is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. EmpowHer Institute will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Women, BIPOC, and LGBTQ individuals encouraged to apply.
About this job
Want to use your fundraising experience and skills to make a difference in the lives of teen girls in Los Angeles County? Do you have a commitment to gender equity and racial justice? Are you a go getter who is skilled in building relationships and has a track record of successful fundraising? Want the
opportunity to shine and advance into a senior role quickly? Do you thrive in high energy, collaborative, and supportive work environments where you are encouraged to embrace the “art of the possible?” This just may be the job for you!
EmpowHer Institute is seeking a part-time Development Manager. In this small and emerging
organization, the Development Manager will support fundraising efforts as EmpowHer continues to grow. He/She/They will be responsible for executing the development plan, developing relationships with key public and private funding stakeholders, writing grant proposals, and donor cultivation.
The Development Manager will report to the Executive Director and work in partnership with the Executive Director (ED), Grant Writer, and Events Producer to meet the organization’s aggressive 3-year fundraising goals (FY 2023 - $1.5M, FY 2024 - $2M, 2025 - $3M).
Part-time Hourly: $50 per hour 20 hours p/wk
Flexible work schedule and remote work from home schedule offered
EmpowHer Institute® is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce.
This position is primarily remote, but must be available to participate in in-person meetings when required. Candidates MUST live within LA County.
Roles & responsibilities
- Support the development and execution of EmpowHer’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from public and private resources, including individuals, foundations, corporations, etc
- Manage the DonorPerfect CRM in collaboration with the Executive Assistant.
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with individual and major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors
- Support Events Producer in acquiring corporate sponsorships for annual events
- Work in collaboration with EmpowHer’s Grant Writer to prepare foundation and corporate grant proposals
- Oversee the tracking of grant proposals and reports through GrantHub software system
- 5+ years of experience in fund development
- Demonstrated excellence in communication skills
- 3+ years of experience in grantwriting
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills
- Comfortable speaking publicly with large and small groups
- Knowledge of donor CRM systems (DonorPerfect preferred)
- Must pass LiveScan criminal background check facilitated by the LA County Department of Probation
- Must submit negative TB test results
- Must submit COVID proof of COVID vaccination upon hire
- Must be collaborative, creative, and a determined go getter who is unafraid to ask for money and does not get knocked down by the answer “no”
The ideal candidate is one who is committed to the mission and vision of EmpowHer Institute, has a dynamic personality, is creative, is comfortable around diverse stakeholders, believes in collaboration, and has excellent interpersonal communications skills.
How to Apply:
Submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample (no more than 3 pages) to Dawn L Brown,
Executive Director at email@example.com, Subject: DEVELOPMENT MANAGER. Applications
without cover letter, resume, and writing sample will not be considered.