- 28 days ago
- Employment type
- Long Beach
- Closing date
About this organization
Dramatic Results is a non-profit arts education agency that focuses on serving students of the global majority, particularly in Title I elementary and middle schools throughout LA County. The agency specializes in arts integration, the design thinking process, social and emotional learning competencies, and project-based curricula that are aligned to State and National Standards.
About this job
We are seeking innovative Visual and Performance Teaching Artists with experience in the VAPA (dance, media, music, and theater) content areas to teach integrated arts lessons to students of all levels and community members, using the design thinking process and sharing their unique perspectives on how Art is a pathway to STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math).
Roles & responsibilities
- Open to thinking critically about diversity, equity, access and inclusion (DEAI) and its relevance to delivering culturally relevant programming—we do not expect candidates to be experts in DEAI topics, but are looking for those willing to grow their own self-awareness of bias
- Facilitate established Dramatic Results curriculum for programming with K-8th grade students from public schools, including Title I schools, as well as libraries, community centers, and various other locations
- Use design thinking and 21st century skills (collaboration, communication, creativity, and critical thinking) to lead virtual STEAM programming
- Develop culturally relevant resources to engage students
- Be ready with materials and lesson agenda prior to program delivery
- Work directly with a co-teacher to conduct in-person and virtual workshops
- Demonstrate mindfulness when working with students and educators
- Be accountable for paperwork, scheduling, and meeting deadlines
- Seek opportunities for professional development through Dramatic Results
- Consciously build professional relationships with classroom teachers
- Interest in developing STEAM content with Dramatic Results
- Minimum 2 years of experience delivering arts-based STEAM curriculum in a structured learning environment (K-8)
- Strong classroom management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Spanish, Khmer, or Mandarin (oral) preferred
- Comfort using ofﬁce computer programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Google Docs, Google Drive, Dropbox, Zoom, and Slack
- Must have cell phone available for use during work hours and a computer for work-related tasks
- Must have reliable internet access
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the Dramatic Results office and our partner schools. Locations include but are not limited to: Long Beach, Walnut, Diamond Bar, and Los Angeles. Please note that Dramatic Results does not reimburse for mileage.
- Must be able to adhere to agency and partner health mandates
Submit your application to email@example.com and include a cover letter, resume, and two references. Examples or portfolios of student work and video clips of teaching are highly recommended.