Case Manager (Transitional Housing)
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Character (Do you embody Door of Hope’s four core values?)
• Christ-centered, expressed through:
o Faith: We have an active and personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
o Calling: Out of a sense of calling, we go above and beyond to meet our mission.
o Character: We demonstrate the character of Christ toward colleagues and families.
• Empowering, expressed through:
o Trust: We trust one another, believe in one another, and give each other the freedom to take risks. (Mistakes are learning opportunities.)
o Accountability: We nurture God-given strengths through coaching and accountability.
• Holistic, expressed through:
o Whole Person: Our emotional, spiritual and personal well-being matter to one another.
o Whole Organization: We are on one team with one mission. (We don’t do silos.)
• Relationship, expressed through:
o Family: We love, celebrate, and pray with one another.
o Reconciliation: We manage conflict, practice vulnerability, and pursue diversity with honesty and grace.
About this job
As a Case Manager, you will empower families to overcome the practical, tangible challenges they face in their daily lives, such as gaining employment/sustainable income, growing savings, obtaining affordable childcare, planning for the future by pursuing education, and eliminating legal and financial hardships. You will build a culture of safety and security for families fleeing domestic violence, creating a positive environment that fosters healing for the whole family unit. You will support and encourage families as they pursue their goals through providing case planning, advocacy, and by sharing local resources.
Roles & responsibilities
• Manage a caseload of up to ten families
• Participate in regular case conference, staff meetings, trainings and supervision meetings
• Coordinate and conduct and orient new families to program
• Develop and supervise case management plans for families; track goals and progress by conducting weekly meetings with families
o Create safety plans, performing safety transfers as needed
o Establish a realistic budget and monitor financial behavior
o Assist families in pursuing educational programs for long-term income development
o Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant agencies (childcare, employment, legal, SSI, DPSS, health)
o Provide crisis intervention, referrals, and accompany families to law enforcement and social service appointments; serve as an advocate for residents as needed
• Support the Program Manager in implementation and development of program guidelines
• Serve as key liaison between families and staff
• Uphold program policies and hold families accountable to their case plans
• Use Apricot system to maintain all documentation
• Attend and assist in weekly house meetings and special programs
• Oversee room inspections, document & communicate program infractions to specific family
• Provide house coverage and oversee house management duties
• Perform any other task necessary to support the mission of Door of Hope
• Master’s in Social Work, strongly preferred
• Bilingual Spanish required
• 3-5 years of experience in case management, strongly preferred
• Domestic violence certificate, coursework, and/or 3-5 years of experience with DV cases, preferred
• Knowledgeable about services for families experiencing homelessness throughout Los Angeles County, strongly preferred
**To apply, send your resume and brief cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, please explain 1) your understanding of Door of Hope’s mission and faith-based nature and 2) why you are the perfect fit for this opening.**