- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Community Partners offers expert guidance, essential services, and a strong dose of passion to help foster, launch, and grow creative solutions to community challenges. For almost 30 years, hundreds of individuals, groups, foundations, and other institutions have worked with Community Partners to create new nonprofit projects, establish coalitions, and manage major philanthropic initiatives to benefit the region.
Across all program areas, Community Partners works toward our organizational vision: A vibrant society in which individuals and institutions use knowledge, resources, and relationships to build equitable, democratic, and thriving communities.
Our work includes:
We help foundations, corporations, government agencies and other institutions achieve greater impact.
We provide the structure, finance and administrative services, expert counsel that help nonprofit leaders succeed.
We offer workshops, reports, speaking engagements and a range of publications to help strengthen the field.
Community Partners today works with upwards of 180 projects and initiatives and manages roughly $90 million in revenues annually. Our work spans the fields of civic engagement, arts and culture, education, racial and social justice, health, public policy, social services, and youth. To learn more, please visit us at www.CommunityPartners.org.
Community Partners® is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
About this job
• Process owner for a portfolio of general ledger accounts. Accrues, defers, reconciles, and analyzes transactions for these accounts. Preparation of supporting work papers for accounting entries.
• Ensures timely and accurate monthly close as part of an accounting team. Reviews reconciliations prepared by other accounting staff as part of monthly close peer-review process.
• Helps prepare financial statements. Analyzes financial statements trends and variance to identify missing or incorrect accounting entries and ensure compliance with GAAP.
• Researches accounting standards and practices. Forms and communicates an opinion on proper accounting treatment of a transaction.
• Assists with fulfilling audit requests.
• Works with Senior Accounting Manager and Controller to identify, reconcile, and resolve accounting inaccuracies.
• Assists Finance and Grants Liaisons to understand accounting transactions. Makes accruals, deferrals, and reclasses as appropriate to present financials fairly and compliant with funder requirements.
• Ensures compliance with GAAP and applicable government regulations.
• Maintains accurate accounting records and prepares reports to upper management.
Salary $80,000 D.O.E
Benefits include 15 paid holidays and 10 vacation days per year during first two years of employment and increases based on years of service thereafter, a 403(b) plan with employer match, medical, dental, vision, flex spending, and a range of professional development opportunities. Community Partners has a 9/80 work week option under which employees may elect to work 80 hours in 9 days and take every other Friday off (after completion of introductory period).
Roles & responsibilities
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Working knowledge of GAAP and non-profit revenue recognition rules.
• At least 2-years of experience in an accounting or finance role, including month-end close experience.
• Ability to work accurately and independently.
• Experience with accounting software such as AccuFund or NetSuite and advanced knowledge of MS Excel.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• An eye for detail along with excellent analytical skills.
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
• Strong time-management skills.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to the provided link.