- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
The mission of Communities in Schools of Los Angeles (CISLA) is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. Founded in 2007, CISLA works toward a vision that every student in Los Angeles’ public schools receives the supports they need to develop the emotional, social, and learning skills required to graduate high school ready for meaningful employment or higher education.
Currently serving 12,500+ students at 13 Los Angeles public schools, CISLA seeks a highly qualified Grants Manager to join our growing team during an exciting new phase of programmatic and organizational expansion as part of our strategic plan.
About this job
Communities In Schools of Los Angeles (CISLA) seeks an experienced and passionate leader to join its Programs department during a period of growth.
Site Director (SD) will lead and directly supervise site team in the implementation of the CISLA model in its entirety. SD will serve as the primary site lead in CISLA programming, site management, and overall relationship building.
Roles & responsibilities
• Manage and facilitate all components of CISLA program delivery, coordination, and communication
• Oversee & directly supervise the CISLA Site Team (if applicable)
o Responsible for conducting regular meetings with site team and individual check-ins with each Site Coordinator they supervise
o Provide training, coaching, support, and feedback for each direct report while ensuring staff meet professional, school, and program standards and expectations
o Maintain documentation related to staff performance issues, providing guidance to staff as needed
o Facilitate Mid-Year Performance Reviews & End of Year Performance Evaluations for each Site Coordinator they supervise
• Serve as the primary liaison in building relationships and implementing program services with school administration and other key stakeholder groups, such as school Site Advisory Teams, School Site Councils, Family Action Teams, etc.
• Maintain communication with Program Leadership team in relation to program progress, successes, and/or challenges
• Responsible for the management of the school site budget
Whole School Programming
• Ensure that the CIS model is implemented with the highest fidelity
o Lead a school-wide needs assessment at the beginning of the school year
o Guide the development of a school support plan (SSP) and ensure that programming throughout the year is in line with SSP goals
o Engage, broker and coordinate community-based organizations to provide whole school support services
o Evaluate initiatives and interventions throughout the year to assess program effectiveness
• Ensure that all CISLA events and programming are in-line with MOU guidelines as well as school policies and procedures.
• Responsible for the case management of 50 students (subject to change based on school needs) and support site team members with their respective caseloads through regular individual check-ins and small group sessions informed by student needs
• Oversee and ensure that all students receive parental consent before rendering of services within district policies and MSA
• Conduct individual student and family needs assessments to inform goals and support services
• Develop partnerships with community-based organizations and/or resources that can be referred to students and families
• Lead the coordination of all CISLA parent engagement opportunities and maintain contact with caseload parents/guardians on a regular basis
• Responsible for leading all CISLA site data collection efforts to measure and monitor program effectiveness
• Ensure all site data is entered into the CIS Data Management (CISDM) system in a timely manner in compliance with all program protocols and reporting requirements
• Maintain student profile records on academic performance, attendance, behavior, and all program activities in an organized and timely manner
• Submit appropriate data reports to Program Manager, Data Manager and Development Team
• Attend all CISLA staff meetings and mandatory trainings
• Engage in community, state and regional conferences when applicable
• Attend external workshops and trainings to enhance professional growth, skills and knowledge
• Complete Site Director (Site Coordinator) Certification Program within allotted time
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required (preferred: MSW, Masters in Counseling and/or PPS credential) plus 2 years minimum experience in education, community services, social/human services, and/or volunteer work
• 1-year supervisory experience strongly preferred
• Ability to work with diverse, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
• Comprehension of larger systemic issues and barriers that effect students and communities of color
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
• Familiarity with Los Angeles-area health and human service agencies and community-based organizations preferred
• Adaptability, resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and high energy
• Innovative, self-starter; passionate about the communities we serve
• Must have access to reliable transportation. (A valid California driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance required when personal vehicle is used).
• Criminal background check required
11-month position (approx): Includes medical, dental, and vision insurance. Generous paid time off policy, and most major holidays.
Non-exempt, hourly rate: $32.00 - $39.00
To allow for growth in compensation, CISLA sets a maximum initial hourly rate within the stated range for new hires.
CISLA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/609329/Communities-in-Schools-of-LA/Site-Director