- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
The mission of Communities in Schools of Los Angeles (CISLA) is to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life. Founded in 2007, CISLA works toward a vision that every student in Los Angeles’ public schools receives the supports they need to develop the emotional, social, and learning skills required to graduate high school ready for meaningful employment or higher education.
Currently serving 12,500+ students at 13 Los Angeles public schools, CISLA seeks a highly qualified Grants Manager to join our growing team during an exciting new phase of programmatic and organizational expansion as part of our strategic plan.
About this job
Communities In Schools of Los Angeles (CISLA) seeks an experienced and passionate leader to join its Programs department during a period of growth.
Under the supervision of the Site Director, the Site Coordinator (SC) will support with the implementation of the CISLA model in its entirety.
Roles & responsibilities
Whole School Programming
• Support Site Director in conducting a school-wide needs assessment at the beginning of the school year
• Collaborate with Site Director to establish a school support plan (SSP) and meet identified SSP goals
• Assist in evaluating initiatives and interventions throughout the year to assess program effectiveness
• Plan and implement whole school activities that are in line with the SSP
• Engage, broker, and coordinate community-based organizations to provide whole school support services
• Responsible for the case management of 50 students (subject to change based on school needs)
• Ensure parental consent is obtained for each student prior to rendering of services within district policies and MSA
• Conduct individual student and family needs assessments to inform goals and support services
• Develop partnerships with community-based organizations and/or resources that can be referred to students and families
• Support the coordination of all CISLA parent engagement opportunities and maintain contact with caseload parents/guardians on a regular basis
• Enter data into CIS Data Management (CISDM) system in a timely manner in compliance with all program protocols and reporting requirements
• Maintain student profile records on academic performance, attendance, behavior, and all program activities in an organized and timely manner
• Submit appropriate data and reports to Site Director, Program Manager and Data Manager
• Attend all CIS staff meetings and mandatory trainings
• Engage in community, state and regional conferences when applicable
• Attend external workshops and trainings to enhance professional growth, skills and knowledge
• Complete Site Coordinator Certification Program within allotted time
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree required (preferred: MSW, Masters in counseling and or PPS credential) plus 1-year minimum experience in education, community services, social/human services, and/or volunteer work
• Ability to work with diverse, ethnic and cultural backgrounds
• Comprehension of larger systemic issues and barriers that effect students and communities of color
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams, SharePoint, etc.)
• Familiarity with Los Angeles-area health and human service agencies and community-based organizations preferred
• Flexibility, resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and high energy
• Innovative, self-starter; passionate about the communities we serve
• Must have access to reliable transportation. (A valid California driver’s license and proof of current automobile insurance required when personal vehicle is used).
• Criminal background check required
11-month position (approx): Includes medical, dental, and vision insurance. Generous paid time off policy, and most major holidays.
Non-exempt, hourly rate: $27.50- $34.50
To allow for growth in compensation, CISLA sets a maximum initial hourly rate within the stated range for new hires.
CISLA is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Please apply at: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/609272/Communities-in-Schools-of-LA/Site-Coordinator