- 12 days ago
- Employment type
- Watts, CA
- Closing date
About this organization
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have twelve centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility. To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
About this job
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Coordinator will support the day-to-day operations of the site and provide help to the site’s key program areas. The Operations Coordinator will coordinate student transportation, secure all technology at the site, monitor student attendance, maintain site appearance, manage meal delivery and distribution and complete other projects as assigned by the Operations Manager and Site Director.
Furthermore, the Operations Coordinator will participate in and support site activities and have direct accountability for meeting the organization’s bottom line goals in the areas of attendance, retention, and enrollment.
Roles & responsibilities
Assist in managing the daily opening/closing procedures of the facility which includes managing the reception area, answering phones, responding to general inquiries, granting site access to individuals, greeting visitors, and receiving and sorting mail.
● Responsible for daily checking in/out of students at the site to assist with Covid contract tracing as well as making sure all student vaccination records are on file and up-to-date.
● Support with tracking student attendance and contacting students about attendance weekly.
● Track inventory of office supplies and site technology including purchasing and restocking of office supplies and equipment.
● Manage food service partnership and resources.This includes: receiving and inspecting daily meal delivery, submitting daily stats to vendors, distributing meals to students, sorting and storing leftover meals daily, communicating with vendors and submitting monthly reports.
● Assist with developing marketing and promotional materials for Site, students and families.
● Ensure smooth-running office operations and a comfortable, well-functioning work environment. Support the implementation of shared office policies that ensure office cleanliness of common areas. Update bulletin boards and create visuals.
● Support student recruitment: Sort applications; collect supplementary documents; Notify students of recruitment timeline and maintain communication with school and community partners
● Phone and email students and parents regarding student updates or center events as needed
● Update accurate information in our Salesforce database, student files, and excel spreadsheets.
● Coordinate student transportation including driving the site van to transport students.
● Support in planning and executing site events including New Student Orientation,
parent meetings, partner events, end of semester showcases, etc.
● Participate in weekly meetings, and occasional professional development opportunities to discuss student needs and create plans of action for program support
● Provide support on special projects/administrative tasks, and other duties as assigned by Operations Manager and Site Director.
● Bachelor’s degree, or currently working toward degree
● Passion for and commitment to college access and success
● Experience working with diverse populations
● Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative mindset
● Ability to quickly build rapport with students and keep them motivated and productive
● High level of self-awareness, humility, and emotional intelligence
● Be a proactive and self-directed professional with strong problem-solving skills
● High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
● Proficiency with Google Suite and Salesforce preferred
● Able to commit to a minimum of a full academic year (Fall & Spring semesters)
● Cleared background check and TB test before programming start date
● Must possess a valid CA Drivers License and pass a Drivers Clearance
Please send a cover letter and resume to Connie Castelan at email@example.com. We
will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.