Digital Communications Manager
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
CicLAvia is a 501(c)(3) non-profit that catalyzes vibrant public spaces, active transportation, and good health through car-free streets. CicLAvia engages with people to transform our relationship with our communities and with each other.
Over the past 12 years, CicLAvia has produced 40 public, car-free street events attended by more than 1.8 million people who have explored more than 240 miles of urban streets in Los Angeles County. CicLAvia inspires people to see and experience Los Angeles and their fellow Angelenos in new ways. This builds familiarity, enthusiasm and community that can be leveraged to help guide the future of Los Angeles. For more information, please visit www.ciclavia.org.
About this job
CicLAvia is seeking a Full-Time Digital Communications Manager to join our team and play a critical role in meeting CicLAvia’s digital engagement, community growth, and fundraising goals.
Are you passionate about social media trends and strategy and share our love of Los Angeles and the vibrant diversity of its neighborhoods and communities? CicLAvia aims to use our digital platforms to create connection, foster community, and inspire positive change, during and beyond our signature events.
The ideal candidate has a passion for our mission and is a self-starter comfortable working in a fast-paced, and dynamic office environment. Experience with non-profit fundraising, community outreach, and public/private partnerships is also a plus. This is a great opportunity for candidates with backgrounds/interest in curating community in Los Angeles, cause marketing, and live events. CicLAvia is committed to supporting our staff in their personal and professional growth.
The right person will strengthen the organization’s social media and email strategy and execution. They will also grow CicLAvia’s significant digital reach by cultivating our fans’ support for and connection to the organization while continuing to build the organization’s relationship with its dynamic, diverse, and enthusiastic online community.
This is a full-time position with benefits:
● Salary range $47,000 - $50,000
● Medical insurance. CicLAvia covers 100% of employee costs. (Begins 60 days after your
● 8 paid Federal holidays.
● 6 paid days of sick time per calendar year (accrues monthly).
● CicLAvia team takes the end of year holiday between Christmas and New Year’s as quiet
time (essential work only).
● Two Weeks Paid Vacation (accrued monthly, can start using 90 days after start date)
● Public transportation stipend $50 per month for those who utilize public transport
● Monthly phone stipend (50% of your bill up to $80 per month)
● Hybrid Flexible work schedule
● On-going opportunities for professional development
CicLAvia is committed to cultivating a team that reflects the rich diversity of Los Angeles. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, medical condition, mental or physical disability which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties without reasonable accommodation.
Roles & responsibilities
Reporting to the Chief Impact Officer and working with the Production and Community Engagement teams, and outside consultants when needed, you will:
● Work with senior staff to develop a comprehensive social media strategy that shares event information along with stories of impact to increase audience engagement, overall visibility, and fan growth
● Develop, maintain, and execute weekly social media editorial calendars and campaigns for all channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn) with the goals of diversifying event participation, conveying the depth & impact of our work, and engaging new supporters
● Developing creative, on-brand social media strategies to uplift current and potential CicLAvia sponsors and partners
● Write all social media copy, and monitor the daily execution of social media content, in addition to edit, brand, and distribute content from photographers and videographers; managing a comprehensive and easily searchable Canto photo library
● Participate in, document, and share events and activities that help advance CicLAvia’s mission and elevate visibility for CicLAvia, including fundraising and outreach efforts
● Perform community management and monitor for and respond to brand mentions across all social media platforms
Manage social media and digital communications KPIs, producing monthly recaps and analytics reports
● Stay up-to-date on social media tools and best practices, providing recommendations
● Manage live social media content creation and supervise community management on
● Manage social media advertising and search marketing (via Google Grant)
● Work with Chief Impact Officer to design, edit, and send all branded email
communications (approx 2-3 month) to increase engagement and strengthen fundraising
● Maintain and implement our institutional style guide, copy edit and guarantee consistency and quality assurance across all online communications
● Assist with additional projects and initiatives as needed
Commitment to the mission and work of CicLAvia along with a strong desire and ability to work as part of a fun, creative and entrepreneurial team
● Min 2 years of experience with digital content creation and distribution along with strong brand management skills.
● Experience in cross-platform content creation, and understanding of the evolving media landscape
● Experience identifying target audiences and devising digital communications campaigns
● Expert understanding of Facebook, Facebook Ads Manager, Instagram, Twitter, Sprout
Social, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, and Mailchimp. CicLAvia’s website is currently
on the NationBuilder platform and experience on NationBuilder is a plus
● Strong proficiency in Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Canva, Adobe Creative Suite
(primarily Photoshop, Lightroom, and Bridge) and proficiency with Mac computers
● Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication, including copy
● Adept at managing multiple tasks within a fast-paced, deadline-driven, dynamic
● Spanish language fluency a plus
● Experience as a digital fundraiser a plus
● Photography skills a plus
● Proof of Covid-19 vaccination
Frequently cited statistics show that women, trans, and nonbinary people, BIPOC, and other structurally marginalized groups apply to jobs only if they meet 100% of the qualifications. CicLAvia encourages you to break that statistic and to apply. No one ever meets 100% of the qualifications.