Accounting Coordinator and Administrative Support
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Van Nuys
- Closing date
About this organization
Children’s Community School is a progressive elementary school located in Van Nuys, CA.
Grounded in the philosophy of American educator John Dewey, the school utilizes a social
studies core curriculum with hands-on exploration including block building, STEM, field trips for research, and a rich arts program.
CCS has a strong commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and social justice.
Salaries and benefits are competitive.
About this job
The Accounting Coordinator and Administrative Support Position is under the supervision of
the Chief Financial Officer.
Roles & responsibilities
Business Office Support:
● Billing-Create and send out invoices using the QuickBooks software
● Credit Cards-Enter expenses into QuickBooks and reconcile each account
● Bank Account-Receive the monthly bank statements and reconcile monthly
● Accounts Receivable- Monitor the online systems daily and apply payments
received to the appropriate customer accounts.
● Accounts Receivable Payments-Assist the CFO with processing ACH payments
through the bank account and credit card payments for customers on a monthly
basis or as needed.
● Accounts Payable-Enter vendor invoices with the appropriate expense accounts
into QuickBooks on a weekly basis.
● Payroll-Serve as payroll back-up for the CFO. Process payroll in times of absence
● Remote Deposit-Process check deposits using the desktop remote deposit
● Human Resources-Assist CFO in tracking required documents for employees.
● Database-Assist in the implementation of the after-school attendance portal.
Monitor the after-school portal to ensure the billing is completed correctly.
● Filing/Organization-Assist the CFO with filing vendors invoices, deposit
summaries, petty cash receipts, and any other documents as needed. Create
files for after-school billing, enrichment billing, new vendors, families, and
employees. Assist the CFO with storage of general school/business files and file
● Audit Preparation- Assist the CFO in preparing spreadsheets and documentation
needed for the annual fiscal audit.
● Asset Register-Assist the CFO in tagging and tracking electronic/computer assets
in an asset register spreadsheet.
● Data Management-In the Development module, enter and update all information
in relation to donors, donation pledges, and donation payments for all
campaigns, Reconcile campaign donations with QuickBooks in conjunction with
the CFO annually.
● Handbooks-Assist the CFO and Administrative team with the proofreading,
review, and updating of the CCS Parent Handbook and the CCS Employee
General Office Support:
● Front Office Support- Answer phones and welcome visitors when the
administrative support person is unavailable
● offer basic first aid to students
● Portal Maintenance- Support changes and updates in the MyCCSTeaches portal.
● Google Calendar-Enter administrative staff vacation/personal days on the shared
● Emergency Contact System-Assist the Administration team with reviewing
contacts in the School Messenger system and creating messages as needed.
● Proofreading-Assist the Communications Coordinator with proofreading school
● Events- Support events as needed
Additional Areas of Support and Professional Expectations:
● Covid-19 Compliance Team Leadership
● Board Secretary Duties
● Utilize anti-bias strategies and practices
● Seek constructive feedback from colleagues and supervisors, set goals and
reflect on professional practice during the year
● Participate dutifully in staff responsibilities
● Maintain positive and supportive relationships with children, parents, and all
fellow staff members
● Assume responsibility for other projects as assigned by the CFO or
Head of School
Desired Expertise and Experience:
● Bachelor's degree in Business or a related field
● Proficient in QuickBooks and Google Platform
● Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
● Strong written and oral communication skills
● Flexible, collaborative, and able to work effectively in a team-driven environment
● Detail-oriented and resourceful
● Tactful and discreet
● Technologically savvy
Send resume and cover letter to Andrea Blanco at email@example.com