Field Engagement Coordinator
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Closing date
About this organization
Californians for the Arts (CFTA) and its sister organization, California Arts Advocates (CAA),
work together to develop advocacy strategies and engage artists, culture bearers, cultural
organizations and creative workers as arts advocates and community leaders working to increase public investment and policies to support a thriving and equitable creative workforce both locally and statewide. CFTA is also a national standard bearer for visibility and effectiveness in achieving policy goals.
About this job
Californians for the Arts (CFTA) seeks a full-time Field Engagement Coordinator with strong
organizational skills and database experience that is comfortable multitasking and navigating
different timelines while working independently within a remote team. CFTA seeks applicants
from all backgrounds to build a work culture that represents the diversity of the populations we serve in California.
Under the supervision of the Director of Field Engagement, the Field Engagement Coordinator
will help develop and manage systems for cultivating and tracking relationship-building with
constituent individuals and organizations through our advocacy action programs, through the
CFTA and CAA membership programs and through other partnership and donor development
activities. We’re seeking a candidate who thrives on detail and organization, understands how to effectively utilize databases and data, is a strong and clear communicator and enjoys connecting people and working to promote arts and culture.
Roles & responsibilities
The Field Engagement Coordinator will be expected to:
● Support the development, execution and analysis of advocacy action campaigns and the annual Advocacy Day legislator visit program
● Support the development, execution and analysis of member benefit programs and membership campaigns
● Maintain the relationship database, including updating advocate, member and donor records, entering gifts, running reports, and tracking stewardship and cultivation activities
● Assist in managing and tracking the cultivation of new partnerships and collaborations with organizations, associations, companies that can further our mission and expand our advocacy base and outreach
● Assist in advocate, member, partner and donor stewardship and cultivation communications such as appeals and acknowledgment letters
● Oversee logistics for member campaigns, direct mail solicitations and year-end gift receipts
● Help create, improve and codify relationship-management systems and maintain the team “How To” manuals
Experience working with, and/or a love of, databases or information tracking- database
management of a CRM such as EveryAction or Salesforce a plus
● Prior experience (work or lived) using an explicit race equity lens to analyze engagement strategies or program effectiveness
● Data analysis or writing data summaries or reports
● Marketing and communications or strong writing skills
● Experiences in community organizing or advocating for public policy change.Using project management tools or software, especially for remote teams
● Experience in a fundraising, sales, or customer service role.
● Strengths in attention to detail, time management, demonstrating initiative, and oral and written communication
● A demonstrated commitment to partnering with and advocating in low-income communities and/or communities of color.
● Proficiency in Google Workspace and Microsoft Office applications, including Google Docs, Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint and G Suite (Google Apps)
● Aptitude for systems or workflow design and/or a “how can we do this better?” spirit
This position requires sitting, walking, standing, climbing stairs, hearing, speaking, being able to lift up to 25 lb. and running errands pertaining to organizational operations. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification
document form upon hire.
This is a remote work position, although we are seeking a Field Engagement Coordinator
located in California and travel throughout California will be required at times.
Send a cover letter, resume, and two letters of recommendation. Contact Tracy Hudak, CFTA
Director of Field Engagement at firstname.lastname@example.org to submit materials and with