Lactation Consultant Program Manager
- 20 days ago
- Employment type
- Full-time Exempt
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
BreastfeedLA is dedicated to improving the health and well being of infants and families through education, outreach, and advocacy to promote and support breast/chestfeeding.
About this job
BreastfeedLA seeks outstanding applicants for a full-time Lactation Consultant Program Manager (40-hrs per week) to provide lactation consultation, mentorship, training, programming and education coordination for the organization. Candidates should have a passion for achieving health equity and addressing issues related to Black maternal health. Knowledge of perinatal health including childbirth education, doula services, lactation support, postpartum services, prenatal care, outreach and follow up, and health behavior modification, and billing. Grant management and marketing skills are a plus.
Under the direct supervision of the Clinical Director, the Lactation Consultant Program Manager is responsible for the overall coordination of Lactation Services throughout LA and OC. Responsibilities include supervising and monitoring the Lactation Clinic referrals, updating and managing client files through the use of electronic medical records, and development of lactation clinic schedule, clinic policies, protocol, documentation and flow procedures and providing lactation classes. Responsibilities also include tracking and monitoring patient progress and ensuring that data collection and reporting processes are accurate and valid. Managing and tracking the referral of clients to necessary support services in the community. The Program Manager will also support the Clinical Director in implementing The Lactation Education programs of BreastfeedLA. This includes continuing education, lactation education, and clinical programs. This position will plan and market educational events and programming throughout the year as well as provide mentorship to students in the clinical program through direct support at the Lactation Clinic and teach classes .
This is a hybrid position with 20-25 hours per week of travel required to Long Beach. Occasional travel on the day of events and meetings. Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time, exempt, 40 hour per week position. Days and hours of work are usually Monday through Friday 8am to 5pm. This position regularly requires long hours during events and occasional weekend work as job duties demand.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BreastfeedLA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical) exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation, other non-merit based factors, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, appraisal, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the position of Program Manager.
Roles & responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Administration and coordination of all program activities including monitoring enrollment & screening process.
● Schedules appointments, makes reminder calls and follows-up on failed appointments and other areas identified for follow-up and creates and develops a referral tracking system.
● Ensure that goals and objectives are met, including clinical visits, outreach numbers, and referral volume.
● Acts as a patient advocate by providing the most comprehensive, quality services available.
● Prepares program reports and correspondence.
● Assists in preparing presentations and documents for marketing and patient education.
● Conduct lactation classes within multiple locations, primarily Long Beach.
● Remain current and outreach to community resources and make patient referrals as appropriate.
● Attend scheduled trainings in order to maintain knowledge and skills at a level appropriate to meet the changing needs of clients and to enhance their own performance.
● Willing to travel to site, off-site, and meetings as directed by supervisor.
● Provide start to finish event coordination for all continuing education and lactation education events including creating and distributing event collateral, tracking registration and attendance, developing event topics, securing event speakers, marketing event, monitor expenditures, communication with key event stakeholders, coordination of event logistics, comply with regulations as dictated by Board of Registered Nursing and International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners.
● Develop and maintain on-going community partnerships to secure event sponsors and/or exhibitors and ensure financial support and program growth.
● Provide post-event support logistics including maintenance of required paperwork, evaluation of programming, and other logistics as needed.
● Establish and reach program goals and objectives for education program.
● Assorted other tasks as directed by Clinical Director and/or Executive Director.
- Prior marketing, event planning, and coordination experience.
- Current IBCLC required.
- Experience providing lactation care in a Labor and Delivery, Post Partum, or NICU department or in an outpatient mother baby clinical setting.
- Candidates should possess deep familiarity with the Los Angeles context and the history and values of African American communities in Los Angeles County.
- Excellent computer skills, especially typing.
- Experience with MS Office and G-suite, Constant Contact and LMS such as Thinkific, Teachable, Canvas etc. strongly preferred.
- Basic graphic design skills such as using Canva are strongly preferred.
- Experience with PayPal, Zoom, and Box preferred.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and write “Program Manager” in the job description. Only complete applications will be considered.