Development Operations Coordinator
- 2 months ago
- Employment type
- FULL TIME
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Our mission is to enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
About this job
The Development Operations Coordinator provides administrative support to the Resource Development team to execute elements of the annual fundraising and communications plans to process gifts, manage the donor database system, maintain files, assist with donor cultivation, and provide support for organizational events.
Roles & responsibilities
- Gift Processing and Donor Stewardship
- Work with Development and Accounting teams to process all types of donations and ensure accurate recording and acknowledgment of gifts within set timeline and standards
- Prepare and assist with donor recognition materials as outlined in stewardship plan including notes, cards, newsletters, plaques, etc.
- Assist with Annual Appeal fundraising efforts
- Identify professional development opportunities that help establish Metro LA Clubs as the standard for creative, ahead-of-the-curve donor appreciation ideas
- Provides excellent customer service, anticipating and exceeding the needs of our donors
- Maintain data entry standards and perform cleanup on an ongoing basis
- Master the database management system and train others as needed to support a donor-centric culture
- Maintain consistency of donor information and accuracy of database information
- Assist with reports, mailing lists, and query generation to support campaigns and projects
- Process donor information, generate and send all relevant correspondence, thank you’s, etc.
- Coordinate printing of mailing labels and donor lists for appeal letters and other correspondence
- Maintain hardcopy records of all donations as applicable
- Responsible for generating and sending end-of-year tax letters
- Identifies potential sources of volunteers and develops proactive strategies to recruit volunteers with the skills needed by Club programs and activities.
- Conduct evaluation of volunteer activities and participation, track and report on progress monthly.
- Manage administrative and operational systems to support volunteer programs.
- Develops and implements a volunteer recognition program.
- Develop collaborative relationships with other organizations supporting volunteerism or serving as potential sources for Club volunteers.
- Serve as point person for guest stewardship at all fundraising and cultivation events including RSVP, registration, and general support
- Assist with item solicitation, tracking, and inventory for silent auction
- Assist in planning and executing logistics for marketing and PR events, including booths at festivals or community events as well as Boys & Girls Club week and other Club sponsored events
- This position reports to the VP of Resource Development.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE, LICENSURE, AND CERTIFICATION
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or 1-2 years of related experience in administrative support.
- Experience with database software such as Donor Perfect, Raiser’s Edge, or other CRM software is preferred. Experience in the non-profit sector preferred.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen before hiring.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITY, SKILLS
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities and be attentive to details while providing support to multiple staff. Must be friendly, outgoing, team-oriented, flexible, and work well with others.
- Must have a thorough understanding of computer programs and be an expert in Microsoft Office including MS Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Candidate should be able to type at speed of 50-80 wpm and must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Comfortable engaging with the public, speaking on the phone, making cold calls, and working with vendors, donors, and community partners.
WORKING CONDITIONS and DRIVING
- Travel between Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Los Angeles sites and schools and various field trip sites as well as in the community is required. Must meet the insurance standards of Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Los Angeles.
- Work is performed in the community as well as an office setting.
- Evening or weekend hours are required on an as-needed basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
- The physical demands and characteristics of the work environment described here are representative of those occurring in the performance of the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- BGCMLA is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.