- 24 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. Over the past 10 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 175 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools, as well as children across the country who have lost everything in the wake of disasters.
About this job
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Operations Assistant is responsible for maintaining office facilities, answering phones and general inquiries, supporting staff and programs, and ensuring smooth day-to-day operations of Baby2Baby.
The Operations Assistant will work Monday-Friday at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90016. The work is performed in an office setting.
Roles & responsibilities
- Assists the Chief Operating Officer, ensures the workspace remains organized, clean and safe.
- Answers phone and directs calls as required.
- Greets and signs in visitors including volunteers, social workers and supporters.
- Provides general clerical support, including copying, scanning, filing and transporting documents as needed.
- Manages info email account.
- Maintains and troubleshoots the organization’s facilities and related systems (phone, internet, office equipment, IT, security, cleaning, etc.) with help from outside vendors.
- Manages basic office needs including stocking and ordering adequate supplies for program and general office operations.
- Reads and routes all incoming mail and deliveries, processes outgoing mail.
- Keeps track of receipts for expense reports.
- Assists with onboarding new employees.
- Assists with preparation of routine office meetings and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years’ experience in an administrative capacity
- Strong client and customer-service skills.
- Ability to work independently, be self-directed, assess priorities, and take initiative to excel without significant supervision.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and follow up, and able to work in a team environment.
- Strong written and oral communication with the ability to speak professionally and with confidence.
- Strong commitment to Baby2Baby’s mission.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software and Google Apps suite.
- Valid Driver’s License and the ability to run errands using the Baby2Baby vehicle.
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they meet the specific requirements of the position to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the subject line. Only applicants whose resumes are selected for an interview will be contacted.