- 25 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Baby2Baby is a non-profit organization that provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last decade, Baby2Baby has distributed over 270 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. This year, Baby2Baby has reached over one million children in over 200 cities across the country.
About this job
Reporting to the Director, Marketing and Communications, the Marketing Assistant is responsible for advancing the mission of Baby2Baby through implementing marketing strategies, developing collateral, and increasing the online presence of the organization. This individual will be tasked with the various logistics as it pertains to social media, press, events, donations and sponsorship.
The Marketing Assistant will work Monday-Friday at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90016. The work is performed in an office setting and is currently in office or on site 3 – 5 days per week.
Roles & responsibilities
- Assists Director in implementing goals and objectives for the overall marketing strategy of Baby2Baby.
- Assists social media manager in content creation and social media community management.
- Responsible for all maintenance of website, including logos, photos and press clips.
- Edits and maintains all of Baby2Baby’s marketing and promotional materials including one-sheets, signage and all collateral for potential and existing donors.
- Assists in facilitating marketing needs at each Baby2Baby event including photo requirements, signage and AV set up.
- Supports media relations and other PR initiatives with assistance of third-party agency.
- Compiles impact reports for all disaster relief and other programmatic initiatives.
- Works with the team to create and deploy Baby2Baby newsletters and grow email database.
- Assists in communication with third party agencies including graphic design and web development.
- Additional duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum 2 years’ employment experience. Experience in marketing, social media and/or public relations preferred.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment that requires strong multitasking skills, time management, and self-starter mentality.
- Strong communicator and decision-maker.
- Organized with a strong attention to detail and follow-up, and able to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop as well as WordPress.
- Experience with social media analytics platforms such as Keyhole and Hootsuite.
- Non-profit experience a plus.
- Graphic design and basic video editing experience a plus.
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Please email resume to email@example.com using job title as the subject.