- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
Baby2Baby provides children living in poverty with diapers, clothing, and all the basic necessities that every child deserves. In the last 12 years, Baby2Baby has distributed over 300 million items to children in homeless shelters, domestic violence programs, foster care, hospitals and underserved schools as well as children who have lost everything in the wake of disaster. Baby2Baby is reaching one million children annually across all 50 states.
About this job
Reporting to the Senior Director of Development, the Development Assistant will handle the administrative aspects of fundraising and donor development. This individual will support the maintenance of the donor database, assist with donor relations, create and distribute donor communication, and ensure compliance.
The Development Assistant will work Monday-Friday at 5830 W. Jefferson Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90016. The work is performed in an office setting and is currently on site 3 – 5 days per week.
Roles & responsibilities
● Maintains and organizes donor and campaign solicitation materials.
● Builds fundraising links for customized activations and campaigns.
● Supports Development Coordinator on aspects of tracking incoming donations and CRM management including entering offline donations, updating donor information, and creating reports as needed. Participates in ongoing training of CRM management.
● Supports management of third-party platforms to monitor donor activity, verifies matching gifts, and ensures compliance requirements are completed in a timely manner.
● Supports the preparation of all gift acknowledgements and tax receipts as needed.
● Tracks and tags contacts for MailChimp integration for all newsletters and mass outreach.
● Works in partnership with entire development team to accomplish department goals including researching and preparing donor meeting briefings, writing call reports for Senior Director of Development, and updating database with development activities.
● Monitors email for the department and provides timely responses or forwards to the appropriate people to handle.
● Provides office support as needed including preparing for donor visits and meetings with room setup and material preparation.
● Bachelor’s Degree.
● Dedication to the mission of Baby2Baby.
● Minimum of two to three years of administrative experience, ideally in fundraising and nonprofits.
● Strong computer skills including knowledge of MS Office and Google Suite; experience with CRM databases, preferred.
● High work ethic and commitment to personal professional development.
● Team player; ability to work collaboratively with co-workers and supervisors.
● Dependable with good organizational skills.
● Excellent attention to detail.
● Flexible, skilled problem-solver and self-starter.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org using the job title as the subject line.