- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- San Gabriel, CA 91776
- Closing date
About this organization
Asian Youth Center (AYC) is a community-based 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (EIN #33-0383691) whose mission is to empower low-income, immigrant, and at-risk youth, of all communities, to overcome barriers to success through the provision of culturally and linguistically competent education, employment, and social services. We help youth succeed in school, at work, and in life!
About this job
Assist in the implementation of direct educational enrichment services appropriate for youth ages 4 years 9 months-13 in order to support academic achievement, cultural enrichment, and healthy youth development. Programs include but are not limited to: After-School Program and Summer School Program. See Program Manuals and funding source Scope of Work or contract documents for more specific program information.
Roles & responsibilities
1. Assist in programming and service delivery;
2. Provide supervision and classroom management to groups of up to 20 youth;
3. Ensure student homework completion during appropriate times;
4. Provide academic instruction individually or in groups;
5. Provide youth development activities, mentoring activities and field trips;
6. Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation;
7. Attend meetings and trainings as assigned; and
8. Other related duties as assigned by supervisor, or as identified in program manuals or funding source contracts.
Required Education & Training:
1. Completed a High School diploma or GED;
2. At least 6 months of experience with youth;
3. Some experience working or volunteering with diverse communities;
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail;
5. Computer literate;
6. Must have a valid California driver's license, excellent driving record, reliable vehicle and auto insurance; and
7. Adult, Child, and Infant CPR/AED & First Aid Certification.
Preferred Education & Training:
1. Bilingual in Mandarin, Cantonese, Vietnamese, or Spanish; and
2. Pursuing a Bachelors Degree in Education, Child Development, or related field.
Please send a cover letter and resume along with 3 references to email@example.com.