- 19 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
The mission of the Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) is to change lives and create safe, healthy communities by providing a support and advocacy network for, and comprised of, formerly incarcerated men and women to accomplish this mission. ARC advocates for fair policies in the juvenile and criminal justice systems and provides a supportive network of reentry services to formerly incarcerated individuals. ARC currently serves more than 1,400 formerly incarcerated individuals across two offices in Los Angeles and Sacramento. Learn more at www.antirecidivism.org.
About this job
The Anti-Recidivism Coalition (ARC) is seeking a talented and enthusiastic Grant Writer to join its Los Angeles team. This position will compose grant reports and applications to current and potential funders, support management of ARC’s grants and contracts, and help cultivate relationships with new funding prospects to support the fundraising goals of the organization. The ideal candidate is highly organized and detail-oriented, with excellent writing, research, and analytical skills and at least three years’ experience composing and securing foundation, corporate, and government grants. Candidates with experience managing city and state funding contracts are especially encouraged to apply.
The Grant Writer will report directly to ARC’s Development Director. This position will also work closely with ARC’s program staff and accountants to develop a comprehensive understanding of ARC’s programs and services, program budgets and spending, and organizational funding needs.
The Grant Writer position is a full-time, non-exempt staff position with a salary range of 50,000 – 55,000. ARC also offers full-time employees a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and a 401k match.
Roles & responsibilities
Develop and draft clear, compelling concept papers, LOIs, and proposals outlining ARC’s programs and services to secure funding from foundation, corporate, and government sources.
· Support management of current grants.
· Develop and maintain accurate information and schedules on reporting deadlines and other grant requirements.
· Ensure compliance for city, state, and county contracts, including invoicing, auditing, and outcomes reporting.
· Research new potential funding sources and work with ARC’s Development Director to identify public and private funding opportunities.
· Collaborate with ARC leadership and program staff to develop a strong understanding of ARC’s history, programs, impact, and financial needs to be able to develop clear and compelling proposals and reports.
· Develop and update template ARC proposals and LOIs on ARC’s programs and services that can be easily adapted to specific funding opportunities.
· Maintain comprehensive knowledge of ARC’s financials and organizational budget.
· Assist with administrative duties in ARC’s Development Department, including management of donor database, grant acknowledgement letters, and communication with current and prospective institutional funders for site visits, meetings, and calls.
· Assist with other research, writing, and editing assignments, as assigned.
· Exceptional interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
· Strong research and analytical skills
· Experience analyzing financial reports and developing program budgets
· Expert in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
· Experience using fundraising software
· Experience managing city, county, and state contracts
· Knowledge of the criminal justice and reentry field
· Compile, analyze, and interpret data and research to develop compelling proposals and reports.
· Manage multiple priorities and deadlines with strong skills in planning and organization.
· Respond effectively to changing priorities and a fluctuating workload.
· Complete tasks in an efficient and effective manner with minimal supervision.
· Exercise initiative and good judgment, be proactive, and follow direction.
· At least three years professional experience in a similar position that includes grant writing, grants management, budget development, and administrative development responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s degree in Communications, English, Creative Writing or other relevant field preferred. However, combination of education and experience will also be considered.
Please send cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Grant Writer Position” in the subject line of your email.
Please note that employment is contingent upon proof of full vaccination against COVID-19.