- 17 days ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
ALMA Backyard Farms (ALMA) exists to reclaim lives of formerly incarcerated people, repurpose urban land into productive farm plots, and reimagine community as a place for people and plants to thrive. ALMA has three core programs: Peas-In-A-Pod youth education, Job Training for formerly incarcerated individuals, and the distribution of food through the Farm Stand.
About this job
ALMA is seeking a passionate and committed person to support ALMA’s Capital Campaign. The successful candidate will provide administrative and project management assistance to properly execute duties and tasks related to the Capital Campaign.
Mobilize annual donors, identify and cultivate campaign supporters, coordinate key development functions, and maintain data integrity to ensure that ALMA has the necessary resources to achieve its financial goals and sustain its growth.
This position offers a hybrid work environment, with in-person meetings and some opportunity to work from home. This position reports to ALMA’s Founders on a weekly basis. This position also participates in meetings with the Campaign Committee, Board of Directors and potential funders.
Roles & responsibilities
- Research and identify corporate, foundation and individual prospects
- Document pipeline and task assignments, track prospects and main timelines
- Schedule meetings, prepare briefings, assemble presentations and full meeting prep for
Campaign Committee and Staff
- Work with Development Coordinator to ensure that gifts are acknowledged with
appropriate recognition and appreciation
- Write campaign communications including case statement, solicitation proposals,
meeting requests, email updates and meeting follow ups
- Maintain master campaign calendar to maximize cultivation events and keep campaign
committee on track
- Track progress to goal, share quarterly progress updates and prepare end of year reports
- Prepare agendas and materials for Campaign Committee meetings
- Document and distribute meeting minutes, tasks and assignments
- Communicate with key committee members
- Follow up to ensure completion of Committee action items
- Set dates for completion and accountability for all tasks related to the campaign
- Assist with planning all aspects of the Capital Campaign launch and other campaign events.
- Work with Founders and Campaign Committee to create and distribute, invitations, announcements, and other campaign communications to the public.
- Analyze donor giving patterns to increase donor retention
- Perform special projects as assigned by the Founders and Campaign Committee
- Other duties as assigned
1. Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
2. Must demonstrate deep understanding of ALMA’s priorities.
3. Passion and commitment to growth and to working as a team member.
4. Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and ability to hold and handle multiple
5. High attention to detail required.
6. Positive, proactive attitude with a high level of flexibility.
7. High level of discretion and confidentiality.
8. Bachelor’s Degree or relevant qualifications.
9. Proficient in Word, Excel, and Google applications.
10. Minimum 2 years experience in non-profit development/fundraising.
11. Previous campaign experience is a plus.
1. Strong organizational skills
2. Solution-oriented mindset
3. Loves building relationships; puts people at ease
4. Team player with high energy, passion for the mission and interest in growing with
5. Thrives in hands-on, start-up environment
6. Questions with curiosity and an open mind, and challenges with respect and new
7. Self-reflective and grace under fire
8. High confidence, low ego
9. Mature, thoughtful professional
10. A good sense of humor
We’re Committed to Giving You:
- A competitive and transparent salary $120,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Full-Time employment
- Benefits include fully paid health insurance
- 401K with 50% employer matching up to 3% of compensation
- Two weeks paid time off
- A supportive environment that allows you to implement new ideas and to grow
ALMA Backyard Farms is a diverse equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse candidate pool.
TO APPLY, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put the words CAMPAIGN MANAGER in the subject line.
● Cover letter
● 3 references
● Writing sample
● If you have any other samples you think would be helpful, please feel free to include