Program Manager, Digital Media
- 1 month ago
- Employment type
- Los Angeles
- Closing date
About this organization
A Place Called Home is a dynamic, non-profit youth and community center in South Central Los Angeles. APCH provides educational programs, counseling, mentoring, music, dance and art classes, fitness, and health and wellness opportunities. As youth participate in our programs, they discover interests and talents and develop a better sense of themselves and their place in the world around them. Our goal is to increase the likelihood that youth will stay in school, pursue higher education, attain viable jobs, and become active community members capable of making positive change in the world in which they live.
About this job
The Digital Media Program at A Place Called Home is the most technologically unique program in the organization. Members who participate in the Digital Media program have access to courses in photography, filmmaking, editing, graphic design, animation, and digital literacy. Our youth have access to the latest equipment and software to help them achieve their creative vision as well as exposure to the various digital media practices. The foundation of the digital media program is to help our youth gain a better understanding of digital literacy tools and utilize them for creative development. The Digital Media Program Manager is creative, experimental, and thinks outside the box. This candidate must be multi disciplined in the digital arts and can bring innovative ideas and practices to the program and department. The Digital Media Program Manager keeps up to date with the latest digital trends in film, photography, digital content, and other creative methods within the industry. The Digital Media Program Manager will advise the Associate Director of Arts & Creative Expressions on new practices in the field, and will keep the program current with changes that happen in the digital media tools, software, and trends.
Roles & responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work under and be held accountable by the Associate Director of Arts & Creative Expressions to successfully implement relevant goals outlined in the organization’s Strategic Plan.
- Developing/planning program work plans, monitoring program progress, and regularly reporting updates on program activities.
- Develop relationships with professionals in the creative field and digital media community to cultivate resources.
- Provide leadership for the digital media program and collaborate across all agency departments, including Development, to successfully implement program goals and deliverables.
- Work with the Associate Directors of Arts & Creative Expressions and Teen and Young Adult Services in the management of key partnerships.
- Represent the agency on an as needed basis.
- Attend all required program meetings (Department meetings, Check-in with Supervisor, etc.) and attend outside meetings and events related to program needs and development.
- Prepare and submit all paperwork in a timely manner (Monthly reports, assessments, etc.)
- Lead and contribute to ongoing development of program elements and policies .
- Support, develop and coach the Digital Media Coordinator in their work, ensuring program implementation and delivery are aligned with program goals and deliverables.
- Research and develop class curriculum, collateral, schedules, field trips, guest instructors, class projects and productions, etc. for different age groups at APCH.
- Facilitate and lead regular digital media classes in a variety of subjects including, but not limited to: filmmaking, animation, photography, animation, graphic design, AR Projection, and post production.
- Track and stay abreast of the latest digital media trends for youth invested programming.
- Able to pivot and keep youth engaged
- Collaborate with APCH Music, Visual Art, Theater, and Dance for multi-disciplinary project based collaborations.
- Develop and foster relationships with external organizations and community partners to expand opportunities for members.
- Adhere to the highest ethical and professional standards and values at all times
Youth Engagement & Development
- Create an environment of youth development through digital media practices.
- Create lesson plans that are relevant and youth focused.
- Teach classes that are digital media based while being sensitive to the social/ emotional needs of its members.
- Supervise students at all times (studying, working on projects)
- Be able to assist and mentor members who are interested in pursuing digital media after high school, in college, and/or professionally.
- Create and develop a weekly schedule of courses in various digital media disciplines.
- Coordinate member content for screenings, showcase, and fundraising opportunities.
- Produce and support member-made created material including photography, film shorts, animation, and various digital content.
- Work with outside partners to bring in new ideas and practices for youth development
- Produce the annual Moondance Film Festival and periodically showcase members culminating projects.
- Submit member content to be highlighted on agency social media.
- Cross collaborate with programs and other departments.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Seek to continually grow and develop as a professional, and as a team member
- Regularly participate in professional staff development, on and off site training, and instructional meetings
- Other duties as assigned
To perform this important job successfully, the Digital Media Program Manager must be able to fulfill all of the elements of the Job Description to the highest standard, and be able to work well with colleagues in a high energy, collaborative environment with open communications. To be successful in this role the Digital Media Program Manager will focus on achieving excellence of service and performance in the five core competencies identified by the agency: integrity & trust, adaptability, accountability, learning and development and compassion. As a Manager, they will also be expected to excel in the five Management competencies of: motivating others, communication, managing systems, leadership, work quality and innovation. The candidate will embrace the APCH culture of a learning organization and strive to constantly improve upon systems and services for the benefit of our employees and our constituents; and will be demonstrably committed to their own ongoing personal and professional development. Our culture encourages individuals to speak up, we respect diversity of thought, and we look to our staff to be candid with concerns and constructive suggestions. Together, we can continue to take APCH to even higher levels of excellence and service to the community.
● Manage volunteers and interns
● Manage and monitor the program budget.
● Oversee the tracking of attendance (maintain accurate rosters)
● Lead and complete any contractual details with Independent Contractors
● Track member participation
● Submit program reports (monthly and reports for funders)
● Maintain virtual classroom and member engagement (Digital Media Program Hub, Google Classroom, Remind).
Other Non-Essential Responsibilities
- Assist with the supervision of members during program hours, special events, and field trips
- Serve as a mentor and role model for members
- Attend all required program meetings and events
- Perform other tasks as assigned
Physical and Mental Demands
- Able to work in a dynamic and high noise level environment typical of a youth center
- Walking, standing required on a daily basis
- Sitting and use of hands/vision for computer work for extended periods of time
- Lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- Bachelor of Arts or Masters Degree in Digital Media, or Equivalent Experience
- 3-4 years experience working with youth ages 8-21 in digital media related environments
- 3 years experience managing other staff
- Familiarity with community outreach, promotions and marketing
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
- Technical and Performance Skills
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Customer Service
- Time Management
- Ability to Multitask
- Demonstrates cultural competence
- Resourceful, creative and innovative
- Dedicated to excellence
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Microsoft Office Skills
- G-Suite Proficient
- Adobe Creative Cloud Proficiency
- An artistic point of view and understanding
- of the Arts as a medium for human enrichment and development
- Able to work well with diverse populations of employees and clients
- Able to work evenings and/or weekends for the department and/or agency events
- Solution-oriented team player who both promotes and practices a growth mindset.
- Provides exemplary customer service and welcoming hospitality
- Temporary Telecommuting due to COVID-19